Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to have assist brakes over 750kg so yeah you need one. Most brake controllers I’ve installed are cable tied in so you can do it fairly non-intrusively if you try for a short period- just run a cable through a door seal with tape on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
      We are hiring a Swan Outback camper for holidays. Says the weight is 1345kg. The owners say it’s got electric brakes and the tow car needs a controller. I don’t have this.

do I need this if using a Ranger?
      if I need this what’s the easiest way to connect without drilling holes and wires into the cabin?
      Probably the Ford Redarc Tow Pro install kit which comes with a light switch cover for the adjustment knob.

Or a portable brake controller.
      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

https://www.elecbrakes.com/plug-play/
        BeamTina

Comment

We are hiring a Swan Outback camper for holidays. Says the weight is 1345kg. The owners say it’s got electric brakes and the tow car needs a controller. I don’t have this.

do I need this if using a Ranger?
          if I need this what’s the easiest way to connect without drilling holes and wires into the cabin?
          Ask him the direct question.
          Does it need a seperate controller or is it switched via the trailer plug wiring. The latter is a common one whereby the electric brakes are switched via the brake light wire, and powered by a battery on the trailer and adjusted via a sensitivity knob on the trailer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alexGT View Post
            Need some advice on a replacement dual cab (my hilux was written off yesterday) around the $20-25k mark. Pricing seems a bit nuts since covid but so far I've looked into:
            - Amarok Circa 13-15 in the TDI420 model. What are these like between the 100k-150k mark? Seem to be good value at what they offer. 4x2 vs 4x4?
            - Dmax. plain, boring, expensive but reliable.
            - Don't really want to touch hilux.
            - Prefer alloy/steel tray but OK with cab.

Thanks
            Go have a look at an LDV T60. Brand new not much more than $25.

2 months in (mind you I have the luxo spec, with the 2l) I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ve got some other questions about the camper so wanted to tally them all up.
              I’ll suss out those options you’ve listed
              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

2021 Raptor isn't a cheap thing in the US anymore
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor1.jpeg
Views:	389
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	7202021Click image for larger version

Name:	Raptor2.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	7202022
                Still it's cheaper than the AUD$220k asking price here.
                https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...19189640/?Cr=1
                Last edited by mizone; 26-11-20, 01:08 PM.
                Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

Bit hard to justify a ford at that price jeez!
                  Silverado 1500 + jumpy suspension, air lift, wheels, exhaust canopy and some other misc bits and I've near got enough change from the price of a f150 raptor to buy a baby raptor.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	20201205_142225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	7205465

Comment

Did you get your rear springs sorted Dimi?

Are these the standard 1500 or the 1500 HD?
                    Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                      Did you get your rear springs sorted Dimi?

Are these the standard 1500 or the 1500 HD?
                      I did mate, stock rancho shocks are bin jobs they just couldnt control the leaf and bag I think.

​​​​Put a single bellow bag, 5100 series Bilstein extended travel shocks with a 2" lift all round it's much better now for everything. 35s firmed it up a bit more, Mickey Baja pro are going on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post

I did mate, stock rancho shocks are bin jobs they just couldnt control the leaf and bag I think.

​​​​Put a single bellow bag, 5100 series Bilstein extended travel shocks with a 2" lift all round it's much better now for everything. 35s firmed it up a bit more, Mickey Baja pro are going on Friday.
                        What Rancho models?

Just gone from Bilstein 5100 to Rancho 9k on my nugget and happy with the improvement so far.

Bilstein would lose axle control and bounce on full / fast articulation.
                        Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post

What Rancho models?

Just gone from Bilstein 5100 to Rancho 9k on my nugget and happy with the improvement so far.

Bilstein would lose axle control and bounce on full / fast articulation.
                          Not sure but as they are a factory GM part im going to take a guess and say Rancho produced a poverty pack shock to a price for GM or GM produced a shock under licence. Either way they aren't good Ranchos.

I would have preferred the fox 2.5 coilover setup Id originally ordered but the ole covid related delays excuse had seen the next stock date pushed back for Feb and everywhere I looked in USA was showing nil stock as well. For about half the money the Bilstens are good, but I would expect they had the valving right there is plenty of these things getting around murica that are lifted so plenty of opportunities for RnD.

​​​​​​

Comment

Have drawn up a 3" straight through exhaust (turbo dump to tip no muffler) to bend on my soco mandrel bender.

any known issues (mechanical) with the PX3 Ranger running without a muffler.... from a warranty point of view ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

There are two EGT sensors that will need bungs welded in and you’ll have to delete the DPF regen in the ECU settings
                              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

There are two EGT sensors that will need bungs welded in and you’ll have to delete the DPF regen in the ECU settings
                                No DPF, would do bungs for sensors.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Working...
                                X