Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done heaps of towing. They are excellent. I have towed the XW on a rental car trailer over most of WA and it was fine stock. I changed the fluid and filter at 65,000k and the fluid still looked quite good.
    I did however put a Mocal 16 row cooler on in December as we hired a 1.6T van to do a tour of the STH west and I didn’t want any issues. I had obd2 reader showing trans temp that only rose 5 deg above the 90deg thermostat set temp.
    there’s always the bad stories that you hear but there’s probably a thousand good stories that you don’t hear.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

likewise i towed quite a bit with our bt50 (ranger version) although it was a manual and never had an issue. 2T full height van and would average 15/16L per 100 with cruise set to 120kph's. sold it at 50,000kms and other then oil changes and 1 blown fuse it never got touched
      RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Silverado.jpg Views:	453 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	7148888
        Almost twelve months on it's epic. Carry everything that a Bunnings timber yard can throw at it. Moved a king sized bed, engines, loads of gardening and tip runs, entire gate and fence panels get swallowed up with ease.

As it sits
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Silverado.jpg Views:	36 Size:	356.6 KB ID:	7250915

Likes road trips

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hooch.jpg Views:	35 Size:	96.3 KB ID:	7250916

Ohh, lights up 8.5" all terrains in the dry at part throttle and sits at 110km/h on the highway at 9.5 litres per 100.

I highly recommend them if you need to move stuff around or like me don't understand diesel (or have a Dale you can pay to sort out). Parts are cheap and easy to sort - Did all four shocks and sway bar drop links for $136 via Rockauto.
        Last edited by mizone; 10-05-21, 07:58 AM.
        "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

Is it 4wd? Can you get one which is good for taking in the bush for camping duties?

Comment

Originally posted by Likes Dirt View Post
            Is it 4wd? Can you get one which is good for taking in the bush for camping duties?
            No, yes you can, the price is about the same as the 2WD models. Plus LS power shits on 2.8 TDi four pot.

To be honest, in 12 years of driving to the middle of no where to set up remote sites I've never had to put a work vehicle into 4WD. For what I do I won't need it.
            "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

Are you saying that the 4wd model is 2.8TDi only? That sucks if so.

Comment

i think im 6 months now into Navara ntrek warrior ownership and about 4 months of actually driving it since getting back home. I've got to say i have no complaints.

its great onroad, genuinely nice to drive around town which i guess is due to coils in the rear and better shocks and spring rates that come with the warrior model. the cooper AT's are great wet or dry and i think for a daily 32.5 inch is plenty. good offroad so far on the beach and light duty trail work The interior is a nice place to be and it has enough tech to not leave you wanting. would recommend and would bang again.
                RB26......................Again

Comment

Almost twelve months on it's epic. Carry everything that a Bunnings timber yard can throw at it. Moved a king sized bed, engines, loads of gardening and tip runs, entire gate and fence panels get swallowed up with ease.

As it sits
                  Click image for larger version Name:	Silverado.jpg Views:	36 Size:	356.6 KB ID:	7250915

Likes road trips

Click image for larger version Name:	Hooch.jpg Views:	35 Size:	96.3 KB ID:	7250916

Ohh, lights up 8.5" all terrains in the dry at part throttle and sits at 110km/h on the highway at 9.5 litres per 100.

I highly recommend them if you need to move stuff around or like me don't understand diesel (or have a Dale you can pay to sort out). Parts are cheap and easy to sort - Did all four shocks and sway bar drop links for $136 via Rockauto.
                  Are these private imports and converted or were they sold in RHD locally ?

Comment

Originally posted by Likes Dirt View Post
                    Are you saying that the 4wd model is 2.8TDi only? That sucks if so.
                    Yeah the Kokoda Hiluxes and Prados are all 2.8 TDi. They can't be too bad cos ISIS and the Taliban do well in them, overloaded and traveling in some pretty shit terrain.

Originally posted by Sumodog View Post
                    Are these private imports and converted or were they sold in RHD locally ?
                    Converted by Corvette Queensland. I've seen a fair few of them so I suppose it was done like the current crop of Silverado's and RAM.

Victoria Ambulance service had the previous model (OBS) in a big turbo diesel six, I'm not sure who did those conversions. Makes some interchangeable parts even easier to get. You'd think that because the engine is a cast iron version of the Commodore LS motor, it would make engine bits easier to get, but alas no one in WA keeps Commodore parts on the shelf, so I get stuff from OS faster and cheaper.

Comment

Yeah the Kokoda Hiluxes and Prados are all 2.8 TDi. They can't be too bad cos ISIS and the Taliban do well in them, overloaded and traveling in some pretty shit terrain.

Most of them are petrols...same with the 70 series.
                      Last edited by Sturmovik; 14-05-21, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Dual cab Thai style.

Apprenetly the 1.9 is good for 350hp at the treads... NOS is for show and not connected.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Ford US have released the Bronco chassis/unibody based Maverick.

I like how the tray is Ranger sized yet the rest of it isn't as wasteful for space. Be interesting if something this sized has a market in Australia

Click image for larger version  Name:	Maverick.jpg Views:	1 Size:	278.1 KB ID:	7259699

Edit - Pricing released USD $23k (including local taxes and destination charges) for the 2.5-liter I-4/electric-motor combo that drives the front wheels through a CVT. Combo makes 142kW

There is also a 2 litre turbo making 186kW and all wheel drive
                          Last edited by mizone; 09-06-21, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Their take on the Honda “what’s it” I guess?

Comment

Of a modern retelling of the Subaru Bumby or Proton Bumfuck - aka a FWD driveline with a saleable Ute body. The 2.5L and the Ecoboost are basically just the Fusion/Mondeo power train options. It probably is where a whole bunch of the platform genetics for the Bronco/Maverick have come from.
                              ---
                              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

I like how the tray is Ranger sized yet the rest of it isn't as wasteful for space
                                Maverick Tub - 1372mm long by 1219mm wide.
                                Ranger Tub - 1560mm long by 1549mm wide.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Working...
                                X