Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone end up trying chipmydiesel or another flash mob? Celtic flash quote was 900 or something, CMD is 750 and might offer some switchable maps (unconfirmed). Just wondering if anyone tried these offerings overall rather than a unichip and tune for general "improvement" just 'cos.
    PF Gamers List

Originally posted by klampykixx
    if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Comment

Had one of the new great walls in for a coating.

was very surprised and also very impressed with the build quality of the body and also the quality of the paint, super flat without much peel at all. Hard for an OEM paint which is good too. If you owned one it’d be hard to put up with the head unit displaying Chinese on every startup though lol
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

someone did what Ford should have done from the start.. $56k for the conversion!!!

Oo___oO

Comment

$56k seems quite reasonable. Anyone who has done a half decent engine conversion and actually finished everything will know it costs more than a $10k LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
            someone did what Ford should have done from the start.. $56k for the conversion!!!
            Ford did it, Ive seen the prototype vehicle.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by fondles View Post

which ford dealership can i get one from?

Oo___oO

Comment

which ford dealership can i get one from?
                Stillborn.

Given the Mustangs desire to kill and maim innocents no fucking way would Ford have have released a coyote V8 powered version of the Ranga.... Tradies be slaughtering grannies waiting at bus stops left right and centre..

Have heard even the V6 2022 Raptor........is a USA only thing.
                Last edited by fondles; 05-10-21, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                  Had one of the new great walls in for a coating.

was very surprised and also very impressed with the build quality of the body and also the quality of the paint, super flat without much peel at all. Hard for an OEM paint which is good too. If you owned one it’d be hard to put up with the head unit displaying Chinese on every startup though lol
                  They do "seem" to be well put to gether, except for the electrical system which completely shits the bed. I've towed 2 so far which have had complete electrical failures, 1 car was only 4 days old.

Comment

Stillborn.

Given the Mustangs desire to kill and maim innocents no fucking way would Ford have have released a coyote V8 powered version of the Ranga.... Tradies be slaughtering grannies waiting at bus stops left right and centre..

Have heard even the V6 2022 Raptor........is a USA only thing.
                    They didn’t proceed because Ford US wouldn’t allow a bigger engine in the F150 raptors baby brother. Didn’t make sense in their strategy

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

They didn’t proceed because Ford US wouldn’t allow a bigger engine in the F150 raptors baby brother. Didn’t make sense in their strategy
                      ahhh, the good ole US mothership "strategy" push back. Know it well!

btw 56k which includes a brand new crate coyote seems reasonable to me. personally its not for me but 56k to drive in, drive out for a what seems to be a well thought through swap isnt a ripoff.
                      Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                      having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

And instead fits a 2.0 4cyl diesel, Shows how out of touch they are......

Comment

And instead fits a 2.0 4cyl diesel, Shows how out of touch they are......
                          Agree it’s a sad state of affairs. I leant our 200 series to a mate (member on here) who is a long time raptor owner and he was raving about the power of the 200. That’s sad.

That said I wouldn’t bet everything on them being wrong. If they bring in a V6 petrol (which I hope they do) I doubt as many people who say they want one will put their money where their mouth is. There is still this reliability belief around diesel that I don’t think is warranted on a modern TD.

Comment

Agree it’s a sad state of affairs. I leant our 200 series to a mate (member on here) who is a long time raptor owner and he was raving about the power of the 200. That’s sad.

That said I wouldn’t bet everything on them being wrong. If they bring in a V6 petrol (which I hope they do) I doubt as many people who say they want one will put their money where their mouth is. There is still this reliability belief around diesel that I don’t think is warranted on a modern TD.
                            AFAIK the V6 will only be offered in the Raptor....at a premium hence they won't sell in big numbers.

Comment

That one is very nice & he is the husband/partner of Rob Herrod's daughter.

There is actually 4 of them done by Tickord/Premcar floating around melbourne atm. I'm supposed to go down & work with them on exhaust & heat shield kits once the boarders open.

Comment

Did you see the one done for Dakar South America on the old chassis? I posted it early in this thread. Was a impressive bit of kit

I've driven the V6 Ecoboost and Coyote F150's. Personally prefer the V6 Ecoboost. As you mentioned the smaller EcoBoost V6 is destined for the Ranger Raptor in the US. Would be a hoot to drive

"Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Working...
                                X