Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual cab diesel utes..... lets thrash this out YO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Did you see the one done for Dakar South America on the old chassis? I posted it early in this thread. Was a impressive bit of kit

I've driven the V6 Ecoboost and Coyote F150's. Personally prefer the V6 Ecoboost. As you mentioned the smaller EcoBoost V6 is destined for the Ranger Raptor in the US. Would be a hoot to drive

The Dakar one is cool.

the one I saw was just a pre-production pig that the local engineers shoehorned the coyote in, was lifted from a mustang sitting in the back lot.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

why didnt Australia get the ranger with the 2.3L ecoboost like the US did? seems like a logical choice for us over here and the hard work was already done?
      Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
      having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
        why didnt Australia get the ranger with the 2.3L ecoboost like the US did? seems like a logical choice for us over here and the hard work was already done?
        Cheaper to flog third world diesels to caravan towing dopes and still top the sales charts?

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

2022 Dakar Hilux has the new petrol 3.5 TT V6 ( broad platform Lexus/Toyota engine ) fitted in "race trim". FFS Toyota, bring that to the local market in a GR hilux ala GR Yaris style......
          Diseasel 80 series with 100 series :w:

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
            someone did what Ford should have done from the start.. $56k for the conversion!!!
            How good does that thing sound ? Love the concept but yeah, 56k on top of the Raptor price is up there i guess. Probably 15 to 20k in running gear though ?

The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudderless Ship View Post

Cheaper to flog third world diesels to caravan towing dopes and still top the sales charts?
              3rd world as in the country the 2.2 and 3.2 is manufactured in (South Africa).

Doubt the logistics of importing the 2.3 from Spain would result in any financial penalty shipping wise.

But why introduce the plant logistics of petrol and diesel drivetrains when the sheeple will buy the shitty diesels anyways... The wait list for Ranger deilveries in Aus had blown out to months !!

Comment

Toyota discovered the market doesn't want petrols, except at the very bottom of the market, hence dropping the petrol Hilux, and Hiace for that matter. Same reason why the petrol Land Cruiser was dropped, no one bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                  Toyota discovered the market doesn't want petrols, except at the very bottom of the market, hence dropping the petrol Hilux, and Hiace for that matter. Same reason why the petrol Land Cruiser was dropped, no one bought them.
                  I reckon there is some level of truth to that, but it's more nuanced, they won't buy dud petrols that chew lots of fuel for no reason. Most of the Toyos you mention had really average petrol motors.

Taking the JK (and JL) Wrangler for example, the pentastar 3.6 is more powerful, efficient, reliable and easily outsold the diesel offering, there's some weird beards who still wanted the diesel anyway but everyone else realised they weren't as good eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by fondles View Post

3rd world as in the country the 2.2 and 3.2 is manufactured in (South Africa).

Doubt the logistics of importing the 2.3 from Spain would result in any financial penalty shipping wise.

But why introduce the plant logistics of petrol and diesel drivetrains when the sheeple will buy the shitty diesels anyways... The wait list for Ranger deilveries in Aus had blown out to months !!
                    Cheers for the corrections on engine manufacture.

Where is the 2.0 made?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudderless Ship View Post

Cheers for the corrections on engine manufacture.

Where is the 2.0 made?
                      Not sure, I think Dagenham.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Perrottet View Post
                        Taking the JK (and JL) Wrangler for example, the pentastar 3.6 is more powerful, efficient, reliable and easily outsold the diesel offering, there's some weird beards who still wanted the diesel anyway but everyone else realised they weren't as good eventually.
                        350ish NM just doesn't cut it these days, so the diesel would've been great.
                        Personally, I'm waiting for the 4XE because of no diesel offering.

Comment

Having had both JK wranglers with the 2.8CRD and 3.6 Pentastar both were enjoyable, both towed 2 plus tonnes with ease the CRD had killa torque up hills but that just a higher gear thing. Petrol for quietness and cheaper servicing

Comment

With no manufacturer looking at new diesel engines for the non commercial (i.e trucks) market I think those diesel fucktards will have no choice
                            "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                              With no manufacturer looking at new diesel engines for the non commercial (i.e trucks) market I think those diesel fucktards will have no choice
                              hence me asking about the 2.3 ecoboost in the ford for Australia. Given all the basic engineering is done and all they need to sort out is LHD to RHD bits i dont get why they wouldnt test the waters here? personally if i could of got a raptor ranger with that engine i would have of.
                              Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                              having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post
                                hence me asking about the 2.3 ecoboost in the ford for Australia. Given all the basic engineering is done and all they need to sort out is LHD to RHD bits i dont get why they wouldnt test the waters here? personally if i could of got a raptor ranger with that engine i would have of.
                                It's a good base model single cab long bed motor IMHO. I thing with a large amount of free space under the tray a hybrid would be an excellent idea
                                "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Working...
                                X