Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Cape trip

For those of you that might be into the cape,heres little bit of our trip North... Fuck so much to see so little time.

ok were back home now..... fucking long way up there from sydney we did 7500ks in 3.5 weeks .we have quite few photos and videos to sort through,then Ill upload to a host and post up some more pics. For those interested in doing this trip in the future
    The coloured sands at Elim beach

Apart from getting bogged on Elim beach (my stupid fault) which required quite abit of kit to get me out,after snatching,higlifting max trax and a winching we got her free and in which i ruined the rear brakes(new one going in tommorrow)

but i did wash them out ASAP with our shower attachment.

so brakes were non exsistant most of the trip,my starter motor died on the PDR coming home(but in hilux true fashion it fixed it self). , one of the cars(bt50) lost a tie rod nut sending them into the bush at speed ,as well as it lost its intire fully loaded roof basket on another track previous there was a near miss at Loyalty beach where a large tree fell on one of our cars then landed on his tent/swag which had he been in the tent Im afraid he wouldnt be here to tell the tale.

I believe the Bt50 also had a crack in the fuel tank at Weipa but we left early so didnt experience having to fix that but i have seen the photos...
    so heres a few to get started not in order,which Ill sort out soon
    Triventhen?? gorge/falls

before that

this is at Kalpower crossing

then at Chilli beach it was very windy and chilli there......... nice place though

a favourite of mine

the old girl doing her job in Palm creek.......No winching needed ;D

locals we met

the famous Archer burger.Oh yeh....

Bertie creek

oh yeh and we did this too,we took our workshop mascot with us he had a blast

I didnt enjoy the Development road home all the way to Laura it was a constant battle to keep the car straight and on the road.
    we took the coast road up and the new england home which was a nice drive after Laura,doing about 1000ks a day just to get home.

more pics to come

Good shit. One day.....
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Nice, more pics!!

Would love to do it too.

What would you budget for a trip like this?
      Originally posted by The Property Guru
      don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
      Originally posted by oxy
      No, that's asians
      A80 Supra
      80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
        Nice, more pics!!

Would love to do it too.

What would you budget for a trip like this?
        we have about 2000+ photos 5 cameras going + 2 Gopros and a video camera... waiting for the rest of the crew to come back next week to get everything togeather,they got to do the CREB track today even though we were told it was closed and impassable. Im fucking spewing about that..

As for the budget we used $1882 worth of fuel the, hilux fuel consumption was 11.4ltrs/100ks loaded to the hilt as you see it, me and a mate went halves in the fuel +$1000 spending money but I came home with $300 in my wallet.
        We took heaps of food in the drawers and tubs and an 80ltr Engel fridge/freezer full of food.....
        Beer @ $65 per cartoon which is restricted most places so dont expect it to be a month long blinder and fuel up top is $1.84 at musgrave then gradually gets to $2.45 ltr at Bamaga...... they are your biggest cost camping fees are fuck all, Average was about $15 per person if in a van park,the Jardine ferry is Now $129 which includes national park camping fees,as does the permits for Elliots falls. Backpackers everywhere too.
        we went to Bramwell station festival which was good,which we had of been able to do more of the roedeos and festivals but just misses out on the dates we were there. Ill write a complete run down on the trip in the next few days .
        And it depends on how much you want to spend on vehicle preparation,you should really have good HD sliders all the vehicle we saw with factory alloy side steps were fucked,new tyres whatever your brand preference I fitted BFG KM2 mud terrains,the side walls are fucked on them now though.8000ks old !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          RNJ Fabrication
          Design-Machining-Welding
          RNJfabrication@yahoo.com
          04 0737 0736
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

im the fuckwit in the green shirt watching the tide coming in and thinking "im a dumb cunt" ................

Comment

lol where was that? would max trax have helped you there, or were you too far gone?
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
              Originally posted by Tripper
              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by MRGREATWALLMAN View Post
                lol where was that? would max trax have helped you there, or were you too far gone?
                Elem beach Cape york last month........
                They helped as did my mates winch my hi-lift jack home made rear bar,sliders and 1 broken snatch(tow) strap......... but we got her out. after about 20 frantic minutes

It spooked me for the rest of the trip.
                Had to do a fair bit of cleaning at the next camp site.

Comment

I want to do this and take the kids. I reckon they would have a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by DCR View Post
                    +1.. except the bogged on the beach bit
                    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

thanks for sharing! very very keen to do this one day..

problem is that i'm a massive noob at all things off road, which is a matter of practice I suppose... but I don't own a 4wd... and I'd much rather do this kinda trip in my own vehicle that I am familiar with, and know how to drive comfortably than a rental thing that had been cained by backpackers and that i was nervous about bending the whole time...

more pics + stories + details of prep please
                      Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                      I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by DCR View Post
                        Originally posted by MRGREATWALLMAN View Post
                        +1.. except the bogged on the beach bit

plus +100 ... we should do some sort of PF trip
                        I am a retarded 747 captain who now sells waterslides in Perth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Gahan View Post
                          plus +100 ... we should do some sort of PF trip
                          Im cool with this,start bolting some protection to your 4bys.....
                          I might go back the year after next...

2015 Cape trip... PF cunt list.
                          ARB geared up vehicles for rollover protection only need apply
                          1.Gbanger (but I could change my mind)

some more inspiration for you

Bramwell station rodeo,festival

standard roads up there

BT50 roof rack bounced completly off roof.... fucking halarious at the time

musgrave roadhouse fuel tank sign

another river/creek crossing

gunshot

Comment

some more inspiration!

Comment

id LOVE to say yes, but i think realistically im about 4-5 years off a cape trip

Comment

Working...
                              X