Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuck this thread still going..
    any more trip pics..?

Comment

fuck it, been meaning to post here as we did it last year. Had a fucking ball.

Click image for larger version  Name:	the tip.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.07 MB ID:	7107989Click image for larger version  Name:	start OTT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.87 MB ID:	7107990Click image for larger version  Name:	fruitbat falls.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.29 MB ID:	7107991

went with the nopix little one and her old boy in his Triton. Did a fair bit of the Old Tele Track south to north skipping gunshot and then back on the bypass from just after mistake creek. we had to winch through Palm creek (the first one) but not any of the others. As I said we skipped gunshot for a couple reasons: 1) couldn't swim there coz of crocs 2) was busy as everyone wants to do it 3) we'd heard even the chicken tracks were winch through. In saying that we spoke to several people who reckoned it was piss easy but TBH I was happy to skip it, and get to fruitbat falls for a decent swim. Palm was the only time we used recovery gear but we were pretty cautious - used hand held radio to talk each other through and always did a good pre walk through.

First time the nopix and little one had proper bush camped so that was an experience for them...

If I had my time again I'd take longer to do the OTT, prolly 5 nights plus be a bit better prepared for the nopix to deal with bush camping. I'd also stay longer at punsand bay (at least 4 nights) so you have plenty of time to explore around there. We could only get 2 as it was school holidays.

As I said the nopix dad was in his triton and he had a winch, lift and all the fruit. I had recently bought a 2016 HiLux and only had time/money to do the essentials: dual fuel filter, recovery points and snorkel. Other than a tyre and a couple real minor things didn't do any damage.

Last edited by CammoW; 24-01-20, 04:45 PM.

Comment

nicw dudw.. ill go again when i get the time off work..

Comment

looks amazing. that third pic, where is that exactly?
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

I have no idea where, other than up north.

I do know it is called fruit bat falls, and I worked with the Telstra surveyor who named them.....

That's my cool story for the day....

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
              PXL is correct: that is Fruitbat Falls. Defs one of the highlights of the OTT. Being school holidays I was worried it'd be chockers but someone had recommended going in the arvo which we did and it was almost deserted.

Comment

Cheers. Will add it to the trip list!

Comment

Who's doing the Cape this year? Thinking of doing a solo trip (mates never have enough leave to do it properly) at the start of June. Thinking 3 weeks Brisbane to Brisbane.

Comment

Was going to, but it will probably be 2022 at the rate im going atm
                    Originally posted by Rdyno
                    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                    Originally posted by Tripper
                    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
                      Was going to, but it will probably be 2022 at the rate im going atm
                      ditto.
                      i'm going siberia to london in 2023 so should probably try something closer to home first..

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

ditto.
                        i'm going siberia to london in 2023 so should probably try something closer to home first..
                        This sounds like an awesome time

Comment

Yep sounds epic. Whats the details?
                          Originally posted by Rdyno
                          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                          Originally posted by Tripper
                          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Locked in for July kunts

shoukd be epic
                            Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Originally posted by Modified View Post

This sounds like an awesome time
                              it should be but i've never done anything like it. i should at least do like a cape trip or similar to get some experience

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
                                Yep sounds epic. Whats the details?
                                not set in stone but shipping my car to hong kong or similar. mongolia- siberia- bunch of '-'stans- europe then london. shipping car home

Comment

Working...
                                X