Talk to me about Mud Terrains

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, had many sets of BFG muds and would buy again in a heartbeat. Great tyres, and massive mileage if looked after with rotates and pressures.
    Awesome in standing water on road too

Comment

FWIW, ive done nearly 10k on a set of maxxis bighorn MT764 (the new ones). fairly impressed so far. still look like new, were cheap, handle suprisingly well on the road. are quite noisy though.. they were on my 89 pajero, so no MT tyre would be quiet on the old clunker.
      Originally posted by Rdyno
      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
      Originally posted by Tripper
      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

I've used a few sets of Kumho KL71 and liked them. probably don't last that long though.
        Maybe also look at Goodyear Wrangler MTR. Will be my next set.

Comment

Whatever your choice, tyre-city at Northgate. EvoRob's a top PF cunt and will do well by you. Their website for prices.
          Originally posted by Bosshoggett
          If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

I've had big horns and bfg's.

Big horns a great tyre but are noisy and getting a little expensive.

Bfg's are great. Reasonably quiet and last ages. Would bang again.
            2015 WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrie View Post
              I've used a few sets of Kumho KL71 and liked them. probably don't last that long though.
              Maybe also look at Goodyear Wrangler MTR. Will be my next set.
              I have wrangler MTRs the kevelar ones on my work car, did 20000km last year. The car has a constant load 400kg over
              stock gvm, gets driven quite fast, often 140-160kph and prob 50% on dirt and another 20% no road. They are holding
              together pretty well but best of all is last year I only killed one tyre when people I work with have killed up to 4 on one trip.

Comment

Wrangler MTR Kevlars
                Current Rides:
                Lexus ISF
                Familia GT-R
                Lexus ES300
                Harley Nightster
                Husqvarna TE250

Comment

Originally posted by MXKOOP View Post
                  I've had big horns and bfg's.

Big horns a great tyre but are noisy and getting a little expensive.

Bfg's are great. Reasonably quiet and last ages. Would bang again.
                  Bighorn 762 or 764?
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

www.tyretrader.com.au

Comment

MTR is a great tyre, only thing i've ever run on my Hilux but I wouldn't consider them a Mud terrain. Far from it, aggressive all terrain at best. The MT/R stands for Maximum Traction / Reinforced. I had always considered MTR to mean Mud Terrain Radial. The side wall lugs are nothing to write home about and the spacing on the lugs is so close together that they struggle to self clean.

They are just getting too expensive now so I went for the Duratrac. Really solid tyre, never let me down. They are less agro than the MT/R so no use here.
                      Originally posted by FatBoy
                      Trump v Clinton is like cheering for the clap or genital warts. Either way it's gonna be ugly....

Comment

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
                        Bighorn 762 or 764?
                        2015 WRX

Comment

Kumho and federal wear out in a hurry.
                          Bighorn are noisy and get good ks.
                          Km2 are good tyre, good ks, narrow tread width for their size.
                          meh

Comment

I run MT/Rs on our Pajero - They are a great tyre.
                            They only see usage when we are specifically heading away - done about 6,000km -but had them for about 3 years. Can't fault them..
                            Calling them an aggressive AT is selling them short I reckon, they have performed just as good and even better that other guys in our club on BFG KM2s, Bighorns and Kumho KL61s

Comment

That is the old style MTRs, this is the new

Comment

Originally posted by SR20 KE30 View Post
                                Kumho and federal wear out in a hurry.
                                Bighorn are noisy and get good ks.
                                Km2 are good tyre, good ks, narrow tread width for their size.
                                the old bighorns (762's) are noisy. the new ones (764) are acceptable for a M/T. no Muddies are going to be H/T quiet.

Comment

Working...
                                X