• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shep View Post
    That is the old style MTRs, this is the new

eeiik - point taken

Comment

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
      the old bighorns (762's) are noisy. the new ones (764) are acceptable for a M/T. no Muddies are going to be H/T quiet.
      Fair enough, i stuck with 762 when i replaced a pair so haven't used the 764, the noise doesnt bother me at all.
      meh

Comment

How will mud terrains go on the road in the wet? I am assuming horrendously compared to a h/t a/t

Comment

Im loving my silverstone mt117 sport so far.
          They are noisey tho but its not my daily and you kinda get used to it.
          I got 5x tyres and steel rims, $320 per tyre+rim

93 tt supra,black 6 speed
          --------------------------------
          SINGLE

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            How will mud terrains go on the road in the wet? I am assuming horrendously compared to a h/t a/t
            Really good i have found, the missus drives it and the tyres give me plenty of confidence. Block tread seems to make aquaplain difficult to achieve as well.
            meh

Comment

As above. Cuts water really well in heavy rain.

If you buy Coopers though, expect to die.

Projects:
              '90 2jz-gte 929
              '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Just got new BFG's for my amarok got 80k out of my last set of km2s and i run them on my current Hilux and my last Hilux wouldn't run anything else, they do everything so well

Worth the coin I reakon

Comment

Originally posted by dab.of.oppo View Post
                  Average life of the BFG appears to be double the others so for 1.4x the price I'll go with them. Will give Hacketts a ring this week sometime. I wonder if Bob Jane will honour the 10% price beat guarantee?
                  doesn't really matter - by the time you've done 40,000km on any mud tyre they're fucked and need replacing. Still have 10mm tread, but they cause vibrations, rattles, wobbles, massive amounts of noise and the rubber goes hard and lose their grip even on the road. I've had Bridgestone muddies, Mickey Thompson MTZ, and a few sets of Maxxis Bighorns. Furtherest I've ever managed to go is 60,000km before chucking them out - they still had 6-8mm tread left. My experience says buy the cheaper ones and replace after about 40,000km unless you like drivig on 50c pieces. You can normaly get some young muppet to buy the shagged tyres for a few hundred as well.

They're generally very good in heavy wet weather - standing water is no problem because of the massive tread voids making aquaplaning almost impossible.

Comment

I replaced mine with 8-10mm of tread after 70k km, then sold them for $400 with our the rims.

Projects:
                    '90 2jz-gte 929
                    '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Ended up with the Federals because BFG weren't in stock.
                      No. Driving an esky along the footpath will be the end humanity. This must be stopped.
                      "Lol!! The son of satan will rideth thine esky, wearing nought but the beater of wives and the double secured half sandle, and he will wave his hands in great mirth ushering in the end of all mankind"

Comment

Originally posted by nine2nine View Post
                        As above. Cuts water really well in heavy rain.

Bullshit, Have Cooper S/T on my Patrol. 70,000 k and have been brilliant.
                        Originally posted by doctorpat
                        Japanese performance cars are like japanese schoolgirls. By the time they are 15 years old they've all been molested so your only option is to choose one where the previous owner had similar perversions to yourself.

Comment

Coopers have a reputation in the top end for sidewall failures at highway speeds. Plus unless you live in a capital city they won't warrenty them at all

Comment

I have a few mates with the federals, 40,000 ks would take 4 sets of tyres. They are a good thing but even as a 2nd car the wear is significant.

Coopers -just goes to show with enough good marketing you can sell anything.
                            meh

Comment

coopers are also a cunt to balance.
                              Originally posted by Marv
                              Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by nine2nine View Post

Originally posted by ahabthearab View Post
                                Bullshit, Have Cooper S/T on my Patrol. 70,000 k and have been brilliant.
                                105 Landcruiser + 35" Cooper ST Something = aquaplane city. The cruiser has every accessory imaginable bolted onto it so it isn't a light weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X