4WD Chat Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I'd just do what this bloke did... leaving the jeeps behind with ease

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
      Your special....you went around Australia in a Jimny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Did a half lap in this one as well
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by South View Post
        With one person, or two... and are you towing something?
        Sometimes 2 and sometimes 4 also sometimes tow stuff as well. Thatís the beauty of JKs they are
        versatile and spare parts donít come with stupid Toyota pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
          Tbh they are though. I wheel with a JK rubicon often and tbh I go further in the Jimny most of the time. However I am under no false pretenses that my rig is more capable than his just because I go further. Get the right trail and the right driver and he will leave me far behind.

In saying that your duel cab sounds perfectly capable for the driving you do, more practical and probably better to live with daily. So itís a far better compromise for your situation and at least you get out there and have some fun. At the end of the day thatís all that matters
          I'm a Zook guy but over the last 10 years or so have drifted to Wranglers. The beauty with Zooks is that you can use their size to your advantage and take lines not available to the larger vehicles, they are light and thats a good thing.

The Wranglers are far more comfy as a tourer and as they are heavier ride better. I like the fact that anything I want to do to the thing is available in a catalogue from the US and best of all parts are cheap and quick to get here from Rockauto and the like. It's also a convertible and thats a good thing. Now the kids are doing their own stuff I don't need the space so SWB for me.

I've tried to like the 79 series Yotas and the like but man, they are so bland and I can't get past the shit wheel travel. But if I was looking for something to tow a van and would be ultra reliable, I'd be buying one.

I'd buy this thing tomorrow if Jeep released them locally.

Comment

thats a cool lookin thing
            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

My Grand Vitara got written off a few weeks ago, so I got a new toy. A bit more serious than the suzuki!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_141135.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.46 MB
ID:	6619079

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Will swap for perpetually broken duramax patrol...

Comment

Tempting - but it might even be close to fixed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Just sold the 80 series, after 16 years of trouble free motoring. Its a sad day indeed....
                      Diseasel 80 series with 100 series :w:

Comment

What was the motivation in selling it then?

Comment

Time for a change mate. The last time it was used in anger was the Cape in 2016. Entirely too much car to be driving to work and back everyday. Rather see it be used. Old mate that bought it is heading up the Cape for its shakedown run, he said. Took me 12 months to decide to sell it. Funny how we become attached to these things.....

Comment

4WD Chat Thread

I love how Land Rover guys brag about how much better there cars drive (from an onroad/off-road compromise perspective) and land cruiser guys brag about how much longer their cars can drive without problems.

Sounds like a good stint on the 80, but if not using it for what itís designed to do for over a year then itís time to move on to something more suitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Babalouie
                            Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

100% mate. Used it occasionally on day trips,.but it honestly had more use around the block pulling trees out with the winch, or towing stumps out. Can do all that in the 200 series. Plus all our weekend trips, or long trips away are now done in the 200, too.

Comment

Originally posted by T T Celica View Post
                                Just sold the 80 series, after 16 years of trouble free motoring. Its a sad day indeed....
                                Change your sig now that you are changing your underwear to a bra and panties LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X