4WD Chat Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're going 27th of september for vic long weekend; one of the guys went earlier in the year and loved it but to be honest Ive got no fucking idea what to expect. Anything you think is worth checking out? Will be driving on sand on one of the days, nfi where or to what. Plan to spend the other day fishing
    1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
    1980 Gemini Sedan
    1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

So...100 series Cruiser with 1HD-FTE in them where available in early models with a 4 speed auto and then from 2003 on they had a 5 speed auto. Are either of these box's better than the other? id assume the 5 speed is the go but not knowing either way thought id check. is the old 4 speed grandpa's axe and the 5 speed a shitter or Vice versa?
      I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

5 speed is much nicer to drive. I don't recall hearing any bad things about them.

Comment

The old man has had the 4 speed and 5 speed, the 5 speed is definitely nicer to drive around town. Both do fine with towing and 4wding. I've only heard that when you're pushing for a lot more power the 4 speed handles it better (and easier to make hold more power) than the 5 speed.

Comment

The 5 speed is the a750?

If so there have been plenty of issues with them, but aftermarket has stepped in and it should be mostly sorted by now.
            Originally posted by Rdyno
            70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
            Originally posted by Tripper
            Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

5 speed hands down. It's not the power that kills them, it's the torque. The tend to fall over around the 800nm mark. Had a 5 speed.in the 80 series for 10 years. Towed 3t Kedron van with 35" BFGs, never missed a trick.
              Diseasel 80 series with 100 series :w:

Comment

Yeah thanks for that. I delivered some new Toyota's to Maitland Toyota during the week and had a chat to the head workshop dude about 100 series. He seemed to echo whats said here that the 5 speed is much nicer around town and both are equally reliable as long as looked after and serviced etc.
                I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Working...
                X