No announcement yet.

4WD Chat Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side note, personally I learnt a LOT more from going out with experienced members in a 4WD club than I did by watching youtube videos and trying it out for myself.

Was also much more fun.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

As for tools, the tool pro stuff at supercheap is pretty good. You can often get the kits for half price which works out to be $1 per tool.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
        I realise plenty of people think there gear is shit but this seems pretty hard to beat as a bunch of tools to leave in the car. Even gets solid reviews on the page..
        Cant find anything that compares at the price. Thinking of grabbing a set then adding extras i think i may need. Does anyone have the same set that can comment?

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/adventure-kings-tool-kit-ultimate-bush-mechanic-tough-portable.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	akto-ubmtk.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	7164080
        I have this kit in the back of my FJ. The quality is "good enough" and the value is max. Would buy again.

Comment

Had a quick search and most posts relate to motorsport, the 4wd systems Lokka's. Going in the rear of an auto FZJ105. Any major problems with them?

I'd prefer air but the car is a beater and want cheap fun. If I do a front I'll do air cos I cbf doing a part time conversion.

For ~$600 will it do the job?

I've had cars with spools and detroits before as street cars and it doesn't bother me. This thing is slow af too.
          2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
          2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
          2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
          2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
          2005 WR250
          + 2 trailers and a caravan.
          I finance the RMS

Comment

It will be fine. I have a detroit in the back of one of my Rangies and you don't really notice it. Unless the tyre pressures are uneven, then it gets a bit clunky.

Comment

Not worthy of its own thread, but I think ARB are a pack of cunts.

Dealt with them a while back for some roof racks to fit a canopy they made. Nothing is in stock, everything is expensive and the quality of the $300 brackets I eventually got was pretty dismal really. Also had to cop a bit of attitude from the guy working there when I said Id fit it myself rather than pay $160.

Now looking at one of their new Base Racks as Ive been on the fence about the Rhino platforms for a while, and thought Id flick them an email for a quote rather than stand around being judged for having not already spent $10k there this month. Gave it a day, no response. Rang them and got told "oh we dont really check that email" (that email being the canberra@arb one they list on their website) and instead of them going to check it then Ive had to forward it around.

From my mention about it at work it seems this is pretty constant with them.

Base rack better be the same price or less than the rhino one or they can EAD
              #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

They target the boomer market who've bought a 90k 200 series and need 40k worth of shit to drive on bitumen and tow a caravan.

Comment

Well I eventually got their quote. About $1500 inc fitment, which is roughly Rhino pricing, maybe even a bit cheaper. Difference is Rhino can do one on the main roof where as ARB can only do one on the canopy.

The ARB platform itself does look a bit better, but the rhino backbone brackets look way better.

Will go see some shops about the rhino ones. Maybe they'll be a bit more negotiable with a new player in the market.
                  #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

I've got a Rhino and it's been great. Work out what accessories you want and how they mount to see what's better.

Only neg for me is I change what's up there alot and you have to slide things all the way to the front or back to get them on and off.
                    2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                    2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
                    2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                    2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
                    2005 WR250
                    + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                    I finance the RMS

Comment

It's definitely early on in the 4x4 journey that everyone decides ARB are cunts.

They do have a few good products, best to buy from a reseller imo rather than deal with an ARB store and +1 to their target audience is boomers with new 200s who are going caravan park crawling.
                      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

I went to ARB to price a lift kit for my Jeep when i had it. It was dearer than i payed for the car. Defo cashed up wood duck territory.
                        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                          I went to ARB to price a lift kit for my Jeep when i had it. It was dearer than i payed for the car. Defo cashed up wood duck territory.
                          On a jeep there are soo many better options also

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
                          Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

watching heaps of inskip bogged vids lately and wondering where people are buying the extra long snatch straps from?

most are 9m and i know you can join them but just curious.
                            www.holditflat.com

Comment

You don't need them if you're not a fucking retard

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
                                watching heaps of inskip bogged vids lately and wondering where people are buying the extra long snatch straps from?

most are 9m and i know you can join them but just curious.
                                Getting bogged on sand is 100% driver error. Let the tyres down and don’t bury it if it stops going forward

Comment

Working...
                                X