School me on Porsche Cayenne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    They get a driveline shudder when the transfer case is on the way out apparently. Could have been filled with e10 instead of real fuel too (the owners manual will say e10 is OK, but AU e10 is cat-piss and nowhere near the RON level they want.
    the driveline shudder is usually the centre bearing - i'd check if it's got the upgraded one (or budget $1500 for a complete upgraded shaft - https://www.europeanpartssolution.co...-mount-support)

Originally posted by XFJET View Post
    ok so went to Flower and Chocolate to buy some cake and gave this thing another go this time with the PSM off, different car. Tried the tip tonic thing before you set off to bring it back to 1st gear and not sure why they made it start in 2nd from factory ... apart from some stupid European EURO standard for fuel saving or some shit

used a small torch to look at the front engine mounds and both look collapsed, being a non turbo it's probably a 1 hour job each side to replace them so if they take my low ball offer who knows! else there is one in Melb I need to find someone to have a look at it for me...that one has 18" wheel which is what I really want not he stupid 21's
    turning PSM off changes the shift program, removes the rev limiter and turns every assist off. It's like a different car.
    Last edited by Stix Zadinia; 14-11-20, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post
      So I went and test drove one of these today. Not very impressed with the 4.8L V8 Cayenne S. I expected it to be as fast as my MK6 GTI but it wasn't, just stomping on the loud pedal from dead stop about 8 and half seconds to 100 so it must be broken or something.

The interior was nice, this was the facelift model. Car had a little vibration so I think the engine mounts were fucked

Will keep on looking for another one to compare
      2200kgs...

Comment

the S and even the 4S won't blow your socks off. they're a big car. they'll get you around in comfort but they're no performance car (tho PSM off is a huge difference. nopics grabs the jesus handle when i hit the button as something big is about to happen (usually full noise overtake or similar))

go drive a turbo
        Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
        "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Started to look at some examples from Melb/Syd .... I would probably not want the turbo as I actually want to take the thing off road and the beach and for the road I have other cars that are faster.
          My preferred options would be a black on black 2009 S with 18" wheels, tow bar, rear luggage compartment separator, rear shades and no sunroof. Awesome would be the heated seats.

I looked at the GTS but I don't think the seats are for me, they kinda look already dated but haven't actually seat in one of them yet.

My idea is to fit KO2's on it and some more underbody protection and use it for beach work and national parks with occasional 4x4 tracks, tow the boat and take me to work from time to time
          Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
          I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

I had a 2005 turbo for a few years, and it took me a while to figure out the PSM off thing. Linking PSM to the shift program, throttle response etc seems fucking stupid to me. Anyway, yes it transforms the car.
            I had AT's on 18" rims on mine. It went anywhere mates Prado's or Pajero's would go.
            Reliability was OK and parts were cheap. If you can work on it yourself running costs are pretty reasonable.

Comment

yeah I wonder if anyone makes a refresh to disable 2nd gear starts..... anyway bit of an update

they are considering my low ball offer so might be getting it soon. Do all have an air compressor outlet under the seat? and I noticed none of the ones I looked at had the glass part of the tailgate stay up, are they all broken or there is no strut for the glass part (split tailgate), the main tailgate stays up etc. just not the glass
              I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Only ones with air suspension have the compressor under the seat. Others should have a portable compressor beside the spare.
                The glass of the tailgate stays up fine on mine but only the remote switch will open it. The main tailgate struts however are marginal.

I don't know what the 4,8 diff ratios are but the 4.5 S has 4.1 while the 4.5 turbo has 3.7 so the 2nd gear starts are fine in normal traffic. I just flick the thumb switch on the steering wheel if I want a 1st start.

Comment

usually, the glass tailgate never fails because it's the lightest part. the main hatch fails to stay up all the time (and the struts are in the roof) i did mine last weekend

the turbo and S have totally different engine blocks too, different levels of aluminium and silicon and different casting process between the two

Comment

Classic Auto Fabrications:
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Comment

I bought a reasonably low km(126k) 955 TT as a family hack. It's a sturdy vessel. Not a particularly complex car mechanically, a Captiva is far more terrfiying. Not really wanting to do any offroading in it although I am sure it would be more than capable. Hard not to drive it fast.
                        David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                        You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

VIN Decoder: https://vinanalytics.com/
                          If you can scrape a VIN this site does a pretty good analysis of it giving “as built” options etc.

have tested against a lot of AU cars and it works well.
                          ---
                          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

that vin thing never worked for me
                            can someone decode WP1ZZZ9PZ9LA44453

Comment

That’s be right. Worked like 2 weeks ago and I hadn’t used it since.
                              ---
                              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

the only way i know of getting actual info on options is contacting a Porsche dealer, or paying money on Stuttcars.com

the free ones and QLD rego check says unregistered 2009 Cayenne Turbo 4.8 tho?

Comment

Working...
                                X