Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on Porsche Cayenne

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    WP1ZZZ9PZ9LA44453 should be an S with locking rear diff and skid plates but who the fuck knows! guy is going to send me a pic of boot sticker when he gets home, pretty fucking hard to find an S or GTS with factory tow bar, 18" wheels and factory roof racks/bars from 2008/2009

    edit: I also don't like the blacked out look
    Last edited by XFJET; 18-11-20, 04:08 PM.
    Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

    Comment


      #77
      I would be wanting to see a pic of the rear diff showing the locking motor too. They are like unicorns.

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
        the only way i know of getting actual info on options is contacting a Porsche dealer, or paying money on Stuttcars.com

        the free ones and QLD rego check says unregistered 2009 Cayenne Turbo 4.8 tho?
        Luckily for you guys I work for Porsche remember? Haha.

        I can decode that Vin tomorrow if you like? Otherwise send me a PM.

        Comment


          #79
          Rear locking diffs are impossible to find but there is a mob in Germany doing a kit for about $3k that is VAG parts.

          Comment


            #80
            yeah the guy just listed options that weren't on his car so dropped that idea

            after about 2 months of searching I realised it's pretty dam hard to find a Cayenne to suit my needs, thought I found one in Syd but now they say they don't have the books anymore, only done 120k so not sure if worth taking a punt on a car with no books?
            what's an OK number of KM before one would start to worry pending it never missed a service for the facelifted S model ?

            It seems I can go up to 33k for a GTS with full books and good condition around 130k, the other spectrum is the 24k S model with 180k with full service history and down to 20k for 140k with no history at all

            my guess is the biggest cost with old cars would be the suspension would be gone and expensive to replace?
            Last edited by XFJET; 19-11-20, 09:28 AM.
            Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
            I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by XFJET View Post
              WP1ZZZ9PZ9LA44453 should be an S with locking rear diff and skid plates but who the fuck knows! guy is going to send me a pic of boot sticker when he gets home, pretty fucking hard to find an S or GTS with factory tow bar, 18" wheels and factory roof racks/bars from 2008/2009

              edit: I also don't like the blacked out look
              That Cayenne came with 19s not 18's. Has the option code 1CY for the rear diff. Was last at a dealership in 2015. No campaigns outstanding. Send me a PM if your interested in any cars
              Last edited by LB-XP; 19-11-20, 09:36 AM.

              Comment


                #82
                wait so that has a rear diff ? I don't see it on the sheet

                1CY = Cayenne generation: 9P0 or am I looking at the wrong thing? https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/957/
                Attached Files
                Last edited by XFJET; 19-11-20, 09:44 AM.
                Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
                I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by XFJET View Post
                  It seems I can go up to 33k for a GTS with full books and good condition around 130k, the other spectrum is the 24k S model with 180k with full service history and down to 20k for 140k with no history at all

                  my guess is the biggest cost with old cars would be the suspension would be gone and expensive to replace?
                  My bad, you’re looking at 957’s (facelift of the 1st generation) cars? No wonder I’m getting confused with the seeking of off-road options which I’ve not really seen in the 958’s I’m looking at!

                  Its universal though, a lot of sellers listing options not on cars, or listing standard features as $$ options.

                  ---
                  Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

                  Comment


                    #84
                    yeah I'm looking for the facelift 1st gen, I don't like the droopy rear end of the newer ones and not sure if I'm happy to spend double the money for something that will actually get off road and be knocked around
                    Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
                    I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by XFJET View Post
                      wait so that has a rear diff ? I don't see it on the sheet

                      1CY = Cayenne generation: 9P0 or am I looking at the wrong thing? https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/957/
                      It doesn't have the locking diff. Think I have only seen like one or two Cayenne's optioned for that ever in my time.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by XFJET View Post

                        my guess is the biggest cost with old cars would be the suspension would be gone and expensive to replace?
                        They are pretty good. Front control arms flog out, but they are pretty cheap and not too hard to DIY. I did the front lowers in mine in a few hours. The airbags seem pretty tough.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by LB-XP View Post

                          Luckily for you guys I work for Porsche remember? Haha.

                          ...
                          Do you know if the PCM date display can be fixed without needing to take out a second mortgage? As noted in this USA TSB, https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...69751-0001.pdf

                          Cheers.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by LB-XP View Post

                            Luckily for you guys I work for Porsche remember? Haha.

                            I can decode that Vin tomorrow if you like? Otherwise send me a PM.
                            Is Harry still doing the Australian equivalents of Certificates of Authenticity? I've got an import that I want info on, and Germany hasn't got back to me from enquiries months ago

                            and was the Cayenne auto gearbox park pin recall a real thing? or was it to get people in the door of the dealer to buy stuff?

                            Comment


                              #89
                              I took mine in for the recall. No pressure and got a Porsche branded USB charge cable as a momento.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

                                Is Harry still doing the Australian equivalents of Certificates of Authenticity? I've got an import that I want info on, and Germany hasn't got back to me from enquiries months ago

                                and was the Cayenne auto gearbox park pin recall a real thing? or was it to get people in the door of the dealer to buy stuff?
                                Ha, he hasn't done that in years! moved onto looking after collision and panel trade side of things.

                                I think you will find the Factory have there hands full at the moment with everything going in in Germany right now. I was there late last year in Stuttgart and also got to have a really good look around the motorsport department in Weisach and they were doing a lot of construction along with everything else.

                                The selector shaft bush campaign is a real thing. Porsche aren't really in the business of making things up like that unless they think its necessary. I'm guessing it was a problem in certain markets like America where things get quite legal.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X