so bought a 4x4

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this damn thread makes me want to risk it all on an l322...
    '67 Volkswagen Beetle 1300cc
    '09 VE SS

Originally posted by Scrad
    You are like some sort of car rapist, Sticking things where they don't belong, and often don't fit nicely

Comment

Originally posted by da9jeff View Post
      Rangie should have slightly better aero than a Deefer though.

My dad is driving our 3.9 Classic around, he is retired so doesnt do many kms. It drinks the petrol around town not helped by the fact that he loves the noise from the twin system. On the highway it's much better as the ZF locks the Converter around 80-90kph.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Yeah for sure. Lighter, better aero, better highway gearing etc. Mines on 33s and has the usual accessories. But rovers arent known for their fuel economy either. Id happily swap to a v8 for the power and noise with closish to that economy!
      Originally posted by Rdyno
      70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
      Originally posted by Tripper
      Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

I have seen 12s out of a 4.0l P38. Not uncommon for light throttle cruise.

Comment

so bought a 4x4

Front and rears went in, goes round roundabouts with vengeance now!

Replaced fuel pump as precaution, over 300.000km in the original and doing a coolant system refresh this weekend as my bet is that most of it is 300.000km old as well.

I love this fucking thing

Fraser

Did not get bogged, had a ball and did it in comfort

Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
          I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Fuck yeah!
            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
            Originally posted by nutttr
            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
              this damn thread makes me want to risk it all on an l322...
              They now cheap enough to make the risk almost worthwhile

I'm tempted, being a Rangie tragic from way back...
              Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
              particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

P38 is a sure thing really, buy for 2k, either it goes for ever or you part it out to other p38 weirdos for 2k easily. Win win.

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk
                Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Originally posted by JayTHEFordman View Post
                  They now cheap enough to make the risk almost worthwhile

I'm tempted, being a Rangie tragic from way back...
                  http://www.allbids.com.au/c/allbids-car-auctions/medium-family-cars/12-2004-range-rover-range-rover-vogue-v8-4d-wagon-black-44-1015763

Comment

Bit of work to get back up to spec, but potential bargain. mmmm

particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

I'd be surprised if it goes for less than $5k.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                        I'd be surprised if it goes for less than $5k.
                        I had thought too. Still, I reckon worth it if you can deal with the fuck around

Comment

that would be a moneypit right there, it looks like previous owner just run it into the ground with zero servicing so my guess is this:

suspension will need fixing
                          new alternator
                          bet it was overheated hence the oil leak, rovers usually leak oil when you overheat them
                          cosmetic shit is cheap thou
                          ABS lights can be an easy fix or nightmare

would not take the chance on that one
                          I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Expensive Euro shitters, literally, are the new thing in Canberra. Some idiot will buy it, somehow get it going and probably paint it matte black.

Comment

It's a money pit
                              Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                              Originally posted by nutttr
                              People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

quick update

the fucking thing still rocks! bought a water pump and hose kit to do the cooling before summer as a precaution apart from that it carts shit around like a champion and hasn't left me stranded anywhere
                                there might be a slight exhaust leak under the rear drivers side muffler, has some black marks around a weld joint not sure if I should worry or not but the idea of a glorious v8 note is doing my head in

Comment

Working...
                                X