Chinese Turbo any on used one?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get about 13-14L per 100km. Closer to 13 highway and closer to 14 light town duty always taking it easy 1,200-2,300 rpm. Everything is bone stock including tyre size. Light weight ute with alloy tray and bullbar.

It feels like it's got a narrow power band from about 1,600 to 2,500 rpm. Super lazy below 1,600. Cold it's a bit more lively down low so it must have pretty retarded injection timing for NOx once it's warm I reckon. I feel like intercepting the temp signal to the pump control module.

It the turbo is direct swap I'll seriously consider it. I've seen 16g and 18g discussed. What would be the go for a more mild setup?

Comment

I've got a 18g 8cm Kinugawa on my TD42.

I rarely spin it harder than 3000rpm, it makes ~16psi and wont make anymore without winding the pump up some more.

Been on there for a few years now, ~50k kms and is still going strong
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

I'm in a similar boat with the FIL's farm ute, bog stock TD42Ti GU4, except his is anything but lightweight, steel bullbar and scrub bars / side steps, huge overbuilt steel tipping tray with twin hydraulic cylinders and four steel under tray toolboxes. Bloody thing couldn't pull the skin off custard, now I'm wondering about the TD05H-16G with the 6cm housing and a 3 inch exhaust might be worth proposing to the old man.

What are the implications of the electronic pump when it comes to leaning on it for more power?
        Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotgemini View Post
          I'm in a similar boat with the FIL's farm ute, bog stock TD42Ti GU4, except his is anything but lightweight, steel bullbar and scrub bars / side steps, huge overbuilt steel tipping tray with twin hydraulic cylinders and four steel under tray toolboxes. Bloody thing couldn't pull the skin off custard, now I'm wondering about the TD05H-16G with the 6cm housing and a 3 inch exhaust might be worth proposing to the old man.

What are the implications of the electronic pump when it comes to leaning on it for more power?
          Nothing at all. The pump is identical to the mechanical pump.

Just has TPS and electronic 1 injector with need lift sensor.
          Part controls egr.

It makes exactly the same power. Id say go for it.

Comment

Pretty sure the i pump has a pwm controlled bleed to vary the injection timing. The needle lift sensor on #1 is the feedback.

Comment

TI pump is still fully mechanical just with a electronically controlled timing piston, donít bother trying to retrofit one. Youíll need to do a full loom swap, ecu blah blah blah with next to no benefit. Just buy a built 12mm.

As for the turbos decide if you want to get a 16, 18 or 20g then get the 6cm rear housing, 6+6 compressor wheel and 12 blade rear version of it. That will work best on a TD. Gtx wheel is laggy junk.
              Be aware that some sellers donít even know what they are selling and what you order you donít get.

Comment

Working...
              X