Announcement

Collapse

All new PerformanceForums is here

The long-awaited upgrade and server move is complete.

Whinge about shit HERE.

Looking for Tapatalk functionality? See this thread.
See more
See less

Chinese Turbo any on used one?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese Turbo any on used one?

For a nissan patrol td42ti
    Not looking for a power upgrade . Just a replacement eventually

Do these chinese ones work well and last?

Looking a 14psi .

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/for-Niss...G9O:rk:13:pf:0

Has anyone had one successfully for over 50 000kms?

If they are balanced properly they are pretty good assuming your not running them hard.
    Problem is getting once thats been built correctly.

Comment

Thanks

How do we know if they are balanced well.

What in your opinion is hard? 14 to 15psi okay?

Comment

How do the kinugawa turbos rate these days?

Generally I hear that they arenít bad enough to be a massive liability.

Comment

Both my brother and I have been running Mamba turbos on 13BT landcruisers for several years, other than them recommending some stupid sizes, no actual issues in service.
          Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Comment

I ended buy buying a Mamba 18g 6cm housing. So it bolts straight on. Installing this Thursday so lets see

Comment

Originally posted by DR GTR View Post
              I ended buy buying a Mamba 18g 6cm housing. So it bolts straight on. Installing this Thursday so lets see
              How'd it go?
              PF Gamers List

Originally posted by klampykixx
              if a motor has big enough injectors to run say, 7psi but only just starts to max out right on rev limit, will it run more boost lower in the revs without maxing out if you lower the rev limit?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonx View Post
                How'd it go?
                Doctor Diesel Tuned it .

Heaps more power!. Way better response than the factory HT18.
                Though turbo diesel tuning is all about the fuel and pre boost fuel is loaded up it always goes better.

Im running 23 psi now. Factory Ht18 was running 15 if that.

Spins the 36 inch much easier now too and the fuel consumption is the same!

One happy camper. $1100 turbo plus bits and bobs of intake piping.

Comment

Heres the beast
                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad it went well for you, I need to pull my finger out and swap in the 12 blade (currently 9 blade) turbine wheel into mine.
                    Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotgemini View Post
                      Glad it went well for you, I need to pull my finger out and swap in the 12 blade (currently 9 blade) turbine wheel into mine.
                      More blades better?

My ones is the 18g 6cm Mamba 11 blade front 9 blade rear?

Comment

pretty much like going to a smaller exhaust housing, so more shaft RPM for a given volume of flow but also more restrictive.

Comment

Am I likely to be disappointed upgrading my ht18 if I am only planning on running 12-15psi? Td42ti

Comment

Originally posted by ls400x View Post
                            Am I likely to be disappointed upgrading my ht18 if I am only planning on running 12-15psi? Td42ti
                            I promise you its way better than the ht18 in all aspects. quicker response, more boost, at same boost better power, Run way more boost.

Apparently my model can run 30 psi all day everyday if I had the 12mm pump.

I am spinning the 35 inch tyres and steel wheels up the hills on highway with a car full load and aircon easier.

Before HT18 turbo and 15psi I had to keep dropping gears until honestly I was on 2nd gear smoking away holding on. Was so embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by ls400x View Post
                              What fuel consumption are you getting now around town ?

Comment

Working...
                              X