Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridge slide hotness

In the market for a fridge slide, either drop down or tilt. Will be getting a hard workout. I have an Engel MT45FC-P 39 litre combi fridge & freezer.

Edit: Will be getting a cage around it too.

What's the hotness?

Going in a 105 LC with Titan draws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8617.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	6635253
    2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
    2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
    2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
    2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
    2005 WR250
    + 2 trailers and a caravan.
    I finance the RMS

Drop down is the way to go but more expensive of course.

Don't most places just sell the MSA ones?

Comment

Seeing you will have it on top of the drawers and you have the drop down tailgate (as opposed to barn doors) - a Drop down one will be the best option...

Take your pick, _ MSA are probably the most widely known..

Comment

MSA have issues with rattling alot, clearview dont
        Diseasel 80 series with 100 series :w:

Comment

From the reviews I've been reading a Clearview drop down seems the go.
          2005 WR250
          I finance the RMS

Comment

One thing to be mindful of is how much clearence you have for the drop, some slides drop the fridge a fair way or the slide doesn't extend far enough to clear the back of car. MSA warned me their dropslide for the CFX95 wouldn't come out far enough to clear my rear bumper.
            Another issue is mounting, a heavy fridge puts a hell of a lot of leverage on the mounts, in my case Clearview don't do a drop slide to suit the CFX95 because while the slide can support the weight, 90% of the time what it's attached to, wooden draw top, won't.

Comment

No Slide (mounted on those drawers) will be long enough to come all the way out and clear the drop down tailgate...
              They generally only slide out a little bit longer than the actual fridge length..
              Best case scenario is that the rear of the fridge will be in line with the rear of the gate when opened - but in reality, easiest access will be from the side, but you have TWO swing-away tyres on the back.... Good luck.

Comment

I want it to pretty much sit on the lower tailgate. It opens facing the back of the car so not a problem. I can slide it out now on the Titan slide and access it as is, I just want it lower for the wife and to make it a bit easier.
                2005 WR250
                I finance the RMS

Comment

Bit late for you now, but another option is have the fridge slide on the floor and stack the draws beside it. That's what I'm planning to do when I get around to doing some draws for the Challenger.

Comment

I haven't got one yet, but I did consider that. The rear setup I wanted had the fridge at floor level with a box over the top and two stacked draws but it was too exxy. If I get a better 4wd when I get rid of the Commodore I'll probably do that.
                    2005 WR250
                    I finance the RMS

Comment

Working...
                    X