Snatch strap
    4.7t shackes x3
    Soft shackes x3
    25m dyneema winch extension rope
    Trunk protector/bridle
    Gloves
    Tyre repair kit
    First aid kit for Toyota owner broken nails

Tough tracks [i.e. to move stuck/broken Toyotas and other Asia trucks out of the way]:

Bag2:

2x snatch blocks
    Additional winch extension rope
    Spare snatch strap

I'll plus some TRED if we are going on sand (baseplate for jack, camper trailer stabilisers etc) and I could be bothered or require them.
    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

4wd is a means to get from A to B for other pursuits these days.
      Compressor, deflators, snatch strap, high lift jack, shovel, chainsaw.
      If I canít dig it or jack it out ,Iíll wait it out.

Comment

8m snatch strap , gloves, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and some shackles, they seem to fit in the spare tyre wheel wheel along with the spare tyre. If beach work Iíll take the maxtrax but ever used them or the snatch because P38ís donít get bogged unless Iím looking for it which Iím not.
        Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
        I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

One of the better ways to avoiding needing to take so much stuff is to not take so much stuff, more weight, more recoveries, more breaking stuff.

Anyone even seen a 76/79/200 series Toyota that wasn't over GVM?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post
            One of the better ways to avoiding needing to take so much stuff is to not take so much stuff, more weight, more recoveries, more breaking stuff.

Most new Toyotaís with a bull bar are over GVM
            Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
            I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

FWIW, I was chatting with another PFer before I made this thread and predicted it wouldn't make it off the first page before that soft-cock opinionated parra fan would continue his obsession with talking about toyotas.
              Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Comment

And with there weak as piss chassis, I see plenty greater issues.

Comment

Originally posted by hotgemini View Post
                  FWIW, I was chatting with another PFer before I made this thread and predicted it wouldn't make it off the first page before that soft-cock opinionated parra fan would continue his obsession with talking about toyotas.
                  I think a jap 4wd owner fucked his wife while he was at Jeep-o-rama or something.
                  Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

Some of you cunts get carried away.
                    I live in the bush and pretty much 4wd 3-4 times a week in tough country because it's my job.

GQ Patrol ute

I carry one chain
                    one snatch strap
                    a compressor
                    and a sthil chainsaw, The smallest one you can get.

No rocksliders
                    no lift kits
                    no winch
                    no other city related shit that 'whatever action 4WD store say you need to be a man'.
                    No super wanker mudder tyres

Essentially I tend to choose tracks and conditions on suitability and decide not to fuck bush tracks like every other fucker that treats 4wding like 4wheel motocross events
                    Originally posted by Mr Purple;
                    What is with that smell every time you walk into an Aldi?

I'm assuming it's something to do with all the cardboard boxes. Smells like eastern Europe, the fall of communism and peasants.

Comment

haha, this is basically how mad most Toyota owners are when they look up the hills/climbs/lines that they will never make it up without turning their truck into a comp vehicle to all the Landrover/Jeeps who drove out of the showroom and walked up.

Comment

Originally posted by ahabthearab View Post
                        Some of you cunts get carried away.
                        I live in the bush and pretty much 4wd 3-4 times a week in tough country because it's my job.

GQ Patrol ute

I carry one chain
                        one snatch strap
                        a compressor
                        and a sthil chainsaw, The smallest one you can get.

No rocksliders
                        no lift kits
                        no winch
                        no other city related shit that 'whatever action 4WD store say you need to be a man'.
                        No super wanker mudder tyres

Essentially I tend to choose tracks and conditions on suitability and decide not to fuck bush tracks like every other fucker that treats 4wding like 4wheel motocross events
                        Everyone has their own version of off-roading, some people tow a Caravan down a dirt road, some people travel to really remote places on corrugated roads, lots of people beach drive, lots of people sight see and enjoy the challenging lines/roads, some people like to park their truck in mud and spin the shit out of the tyres, different strokes for different folks unless you are oldmanshakesfistatcloud.jpg.

Comment

haha, something about toyotas again, the sounds of mouth-breathing and window licking.
                          You really are obsessed with toyotas.
                          Don't worry, thats just the self-preservation instinct, in my experience you can safely ignore it.

Comment

I live in the bush
                            Up for dinner at the golden dog on the 29th?

Comment

a sthil chainsaw, The smallest one you can get.
                              Until earlier this year I had an MS170 (the smallest stihl) as my 4wding saw. Fuck that thing copped a hiding, I must have cut hundreds of mud covered eucalypts, in everything from choking dust to pretty much buried in mud in thunderstorms and the damned little saw never missed a beat. Best thing I ever did to it was fit it with stihl 'duro' tungsten carbide chain, it'll keep throwing chips for hours of cutting in dirty conditions which would blunt a traditional chain in seconds.

In the end I swapped it out for an MS260, which is the saw I first learnt with back in the day with qld forestries (that and an MS660, but fuck that for a ground work saw). First thing I did on it was swap on the duro chain.

And before some complete and utter martyxf comes in and says "you shouldn't let your chainsaw touch dirt", thats fine in fucking theory, but when the hollow mud-filled tree is buried in track cut in the side of the clay hill, you either cut it or turn back. I've got a saying for this "when you're cutting firewood or fenceposts, you choose the tree, when your clearing a trail, the tree chooses you."

Comment

Up for dinner at the golden dog on the 29th?
                                sold.
                                Originally posted by Mr Purple;
                                What is with that smell every time you walk into an Aldi?

I'm assuming it's something to do with all the cardboard boxes. Smells like eastern Europe, the fall of communism and peasants.

Comment

Working...
                                X