Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Suzuki jimny/Sierra

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by Gats View Post
    Nice, could be my next 4wd once the hype dies off.
    Yeah dealers will still continue to get what they can from them, but once the hype wears off they will be good buying


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Babalouie
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

    Comment


      #47
      I got in early and pre ordered one. Just signed the forms on Thursday $31,000 on road for the auto. Was a bit more than I had originally hoped but it's a cool little thing. Goes in next week to get the dual controls fitted then it will get hammered by learners..

      Comment


        #48
        Damn, 5k in on roads is a bit steep

        Comment


          #49
          Hmmmm....

          CAN IT CARRY ANYTHING?
          Kerb Weight for the vehicle is 1075kg for the manual transmission, and 1090kg for the auto. Gross Vehicle Weight is 1435kg, meaning you only lug 360kg with the five-speed manual and 345kg with the four-speed auto. Itís not a deal-breaker, but something to be aware of if you are eyeing off every accessory under the sun.


          That's going to make camping difficult

          Comment


            #50
            Pre sold 8 and sold 6 yesterday amongst the time wasters wanting to climb over the locked sold car on the showroom floor and drive a sold car

            We want to drive a blue auto
            I have a grey demo
            No we want to drive a blue one

            Iím by myself in Suzuki so test drive was pre appointed and all sold
            Walk ins are already asking for demos on launch day

            With only 1100 coming this year it will be the same next year so those waiting in the hype to go down will be left waiting

            Comment


              #51
              I'm surprised about all the hype over this, I remember when the previous model was first released and the dealers struggled to shift them.

              Comment


                #52
                Test drove Swift Sport yesterday which is by the way surprisingly fun car and there was Jimny on display , not available for test drives yet. I drive lifted FJ Cruiser and this looks like its younger sibling. Jimny certainly generated fair a bit of interest . As you would expect it is pretty basic inside but spacious enough once inside . Probably one of the last cars on the market with roof gutters . Not for me but as an off road , fun car it ticks the boxes , solid axles , short overhangs and simple mechanicals. Aftermarket will surely support it with off road accessories.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by Gats View Post
                  Hmmmm....

                  CAN IT CARRY ANYTHING?
                  Kerb Weight for the vehicle is 1075kg for the manual transmission, and 1090kg for the auto. Gross Vehicle Weight is 1435kg, meaning you only lug 360kg with the five-speed manual and 345kg with the four-speed auto. Itís not a deal-breaker, but something to be aware of if you are eyeing off every accessory under the sun.


                  That's going to make camping difficult
                  So that's about 2 passengers and an esky full of piss then.

                  Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

                  Don't mention the adBlocker !!

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Fondles View Post
                    So that's about 2 passengers and an esky full of piss then.

                    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                    2.7t 200 series GXL is about 700kg so Jimny is doing ok .

                    Comment


                      #55
                      You'd struggle to fit a 35kg Soviet gymnast in the back. It would be lucky if there is 30cm from back of seat to door.
                      The kids are just going to have to get used to the Woolies bags at their feet.
                      If you bought one of these thinking it's going to be practical, you are kidding yourself. It is what it is, shit on road but fun. Also great for teaching car dynamics to the kids, they will know in this thing if they tip it in too quick.
                      With all the hype they are a perfect driving billboard too.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        350kg towing. 1300kg braked. Be fucked if I'd put that much weight behind one..

                        Comment


                          #57
                          If anyone is interested I have a manual jungle green fall over yours in 2 weeks under $30k

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Sumodog View Post
                            Test drove Swift Sport yesterday which is by the way surprisingly fun car and there was Jimny on display , not available for test drives yet. I drive lifted FJ Cruiser and this looks like its younger sibling. Jimny certainly generated fair a bit of interest . As you would expect it is pretty basic inside but spacious enough once inside . Probably one of the last cars on the market with roof gutters . Not for me but as an off road , fun car it ticks the boxes , solid axles , short overhangs and simple mechanicals. Aftermarket will surely support it with off road accessories.
                            Nopics has the previous shape NA Swift Sport and there a cracker. So much fun at normal road speeds and handle great.
                            I climbed Mt Druitt

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Whos going to be the first on here to E85 and turbocharge?

                              Guessing the engine is pretty much the same as a Swift?

                              Comment


                                #60
                                2019 Suzuki jimny/Sierra

                                Originally posted by gus75 View Post
                                You'd struggle to fit a 35kg Soviet gymnast in the back. It would be lucky if there is 30cm from back of seat to door.
                                The kids are just going to have to get used to the Woolies bags at their feet.
                                If you bought one of these thinking it's going to be practical, you are kidding yourself. It is what it is, shit on road but fun. Also great for teaching car dynamics to the kids, they will know in this thing if they tip it in too quick.
                                With all the hype they are a perfect driving billboard too.
                                This. Although I have in the previous model managed to go camping in a spot where you needed to properly off-road to get to with 4 full sized adults, esky full of beer and food, small charcoal BBQ, bedding and tents. Even writing it out I am not sure how we did it, I do remember strapping the cooking table to the roof, and feeling that weight up high during the drive.

                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Babalouie
                                Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X