Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short off-road trip from Melbourne?

I'm new to town and want to go check out some scenery this weekend with the family. Not chasing epic hardcore 4x4 just some offroad areas that I can drive to and have a picnic or see good scenery. Day trips only please.

Hit me with ideas you filthy Mexicans

moved over recently myself so i've made the habit of taking the motorbike out to explore.

my spots being limited by motorbike may not be what you're after but just in case:
    Silvan Dam Lookout (Dandenong Ranges area)
    Kinglake (heard about, but not been, don't know if its shit)
    Falls Creek/Mount McKay (not been yet)
    Broadford Speedway (Historic Motorcycle Racing, see if there's an event on), Murchison Gap Lookout is nearby
    Torquay (beach), continue down the Great Ocean Road as far as you like - I quite liked Apollo Bay.
    Grampians National Park
    Death Road - can't remember the name but the local guys here on bikes that I went with called it that, nice windy drive, has a sign before it starts showcasing the amount of motorcyclist deaths on it which was a bit... dark.
    '13 Yamaha R1 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Great start I'll look into those spots thanks

Comment

luriderg, wombat, toolangi warragul rocks.
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Orbost loop? I was based in Bairnsdale for a while and it was epic.
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Thomson Dam via Moe, over the dam wall and as far north as Mansfield then work your way home. Heaps of options out my way.

S
            Have you heard??

Comment

I would have said harcourt, bit the fuckheads in council closed it off to vehicles and made it a bike park.

But yeah, kinglake/toolangi areas, pretty much anywhere in the high country.. Just dont go too deep, wombat, lerdiderg, cobaws (a little serious) etc etc.
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
              Originally posted by Tripper
              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Should organize a PF offroad sesh one day
                1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
                1980 Gemini Sedan
                1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
                  Should organize a PF offroad sesh one day
                  Iím in for that!!!

Just check the DPI websites, a lot of places have seasonal closures in warmer months
                  Originally posted by Faux Forg
                  I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Kinglake is pretty average these days due to sik kunt 4x4 hoons. Toolangi is supposed to be ok still.

If you go to broadford, shout out kunt! There is an access road to tallarook forrest at the top of murchison gap.

Comment

Working...
                    X