X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organised charity tours

Morning gents,

Im fantasising about doing a 4WD tour with someone like Camp Quality, Variety or whoever else does them. Ive looked at a few and from looking at the photos, reading a few reviews the 4WD action is not serious to the point of needing 6 inch lifts and rock sliders. Both of the sites mention needing A/T's and a low speed transfer box which I presume is there to rule out the soft roaders. I'm currently using my Transporter T6 4 Motion as my daily. Its handled the beach ok, has the rear diff lock and the factory extra 35mm. A/T tyres would be an easy addition. AM I aiming too high in thinking of using the 4 Motion? I've seen some good videos of guys going pretty serious in their 4 Motions so maybe they can do it? They definitley dont have the range of articulation of a popular 4WD . Any ideas?

Thanks.

Depends on the selected route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if this is exactly what you are after... but maybe try landrover experience guys, wont be a charaty event, but I think they do multi day tours?
      I went to one of these days, and there were cars like Evoques with road tyres.

https://www.facebook.com/LREAustralia/

While they are called landrover experience, they appear to be like a seperate company from JLR.

Comment

Yes, no doubt onthe terrain. Just hoping someone on here had been on one.

Dont know if the LRE boys would be happy with the ze German coming along for a play.

Comment

Working...
        X