Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with a Prado?

I'm looking for something similar at the moment used for 1/4 of your budget.

Ideally I'd like a LX470 or 100 series but fuck 18+L/100km from the V8 or $35k+ for a 1HD.

KDJ120 Prado is looking like the one for me. 10L/100 from the diesel.

My old man bought an Altitude last year and it's a good thing. He paid around $70k.

https://www.motoring.com.au/toyota-r...pecial-106689/

Comment

Prado or similar with a camper trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Instigator View Post
        Ideally I'd like a LX470 or 100 series but fuck 18+L/100km from the V8 or $35k+ for a 1HD.
        You know that's what all the loaded 200 / 79 / any other full size loaded up gets right?

People keep confusing baby asia dual cab with no weight and loaded up vehicles fuel consumption.
        Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

We have a pajero has zorst tune etc
          Very capable off road etc

Bought a decent sized caravan
          Fuel consumption goes from 16-20l towing van and less then 10l around town under that not towing.

And goes considerably better then the prado

Problem is towing with pajero is only 8x litre fuel tank, low tow ball weight capicty over 2500kg.

Wagon issues are can't take motor bike when towing the van when touring.

So watching to see what becomes of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Morcs View Post
            We have a pajero
            Very capable off road etc
            People have _very_ different perspectives on what "very capable" is offroad, one mans capable vehicle is another ones mall rated only. Based on blackbarts previous posts he's done some of the more interesting tracks getting around so a Pajero wouldn't be suitable.

Comment

Still say Jeep gladiator. Y62 is also right up there.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post

People have _very_ different perspectives on what "very capable" is offroad, one mans capable vehicle is another ones mall rated only. Based on blackbarts previous posts he's done some of the more interesting tracks getting around so a Pajero wouldn't be suitable.
                Yeah no doubt, but comparable to a prado and dual cabs etc I think the pajero will hold its own fairly comfortably in stock form at comparitable dollar figure.

I have chucked in a lift and larger tires etc on ours and has made it even more capable whilst it is no comptruck or rock bouncer it goes alright when you understand how to use or disable the traction and stability aids just like any newish 4wd vehicle.

Am I going to keep it forever fuck no it's a appliance car going out of warranty soon and am leaning towards a v6 amorok with a flat tray for the next daily tow 4wd etc rig as my next appliance type car and do similar again.

After driving tracked earthmoving shit a bit in a previous job any wheeled vehicle is pretty average off road. Not so great at doing 110 on the high way though.
                Or a motor cross or enduro bike.

Comment

Mate great minds think alike! I have been contemplating selling the 80, and buying something newer thats more family friendly..but im def going a 200!
                  Originally posted by The Property Guru
                  don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                  Originally posted by oxy
                  No, that's asians
                  A80 Supra
                  80 Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post
                    Mate great minds think alike! I have been contemplating selling the 80, and buying something newer thats more family friendly..but im def going a 200!
                    based on your 80 ownership what yr model, spec are you thinking?
                    RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post

based on your 80 ownership what yr model, spec are you thinking?
                      I like the new shape, but 1 I cant afford and 2 they have DPF. 2015 &2016 VX or Sahara would be idea! In Gunmetal, 2" lift and 33s, but leave the standard bars
                      Originally posted by The Property Guru
                      don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                      Originally posted by oxy
                      No, that's asians
                      A80 Supra
                      80 Landcruiser

Comment

Prado will have the same space issues I have now. Plus when/if I get a caravan it will be a large one.

The caravan trip will be completely different to the sort of trips I usually do but that's years off.

What are the Y62's like on juice?
                        2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
                        2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
                        2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
                        2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
                        2005 WR250
                        + 2 trailers and a caravan.
                        I finance the RMS

Comment

From the other Y62 thread, +20% on what a large 4x4 diesel like a 200 actually uses. +50% on what the owners bullshit that they use.

Comment

Y62. People are getting them mew for 64k.
                            I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

y62 is due for an update soon too, gets rid of the hideous altezzzzzzzzzzza's thank fuck

Comment

Originally posted by MR-PUNANNY View Post

I like the new shape, but 1 I cant afford and 2 they have DPF. 2015 &2016 VX or Sahara would be idea! In Gunmetal, 2" lift and 33s, but leave the standard bars
                                what year model did the DPF come in mate?
                                RB26......................Again

Comment

Working...
                                X