Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxxis Razr MT-772 (mini) review, prices and specifications

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Maxxis Razr MT-772 (mini) review, prices and specifications

    Hi all,

    Had these tyres for a few months now and given them a decent run over varied terrain: Highway, rocks, mud and soft sand / dunes.

    Pro:

    Quiet - really quiet for a mud terrain, expect it will get noisier as they age (they all do) but I keep them balanced / rotated.
    Grip - great grip across all terrains, it's not a competition tyre of course
    Price - good value compared to similar/other brands
    Quality - relatively low amounts of balance weights required and pretty consistent across all 5 tyres
    Size vs stated size - these are actually quite large for their stated size, which is good if you want to maximise your legality of your 4wd or if you want "real" 35's

    Cons:

    Weight - only an issue for smaller vehicles, they are heavy for their size, similar to all the other new tyres now though, BFG KM3s are just as heavy
    Flat spots - not a huge problem but they do seem to wear in a small flat spot whilst the vehicle sits overnight which goes away after 15 minutes of highway driving
    Rim rotation - I had this issue with a set of Cooper ST Maxx really bad once, they would always rotate on the rim throwing balance out, there was no point trying to balance them. These aren't bad at all, had them down to 4 psi and in RWD and WOT one single rear tyre rotated about 20 mm (not bad).
    Possible radial pull - My vehicle pulls left with these on, yes it follows the grade of the road generally but if its flat its going left, doesn't do this with my other set of tyres/rims. It's not a manufacturing defect as far as I can tell because when I rotate them left/right they still pull left. Some Nittos and Goodyear Wrangler MTR pull the other way so it's a "known" issue but doesn't seem to get much discussion for some reason.




    Specifications:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Maxxis Razr mt772 specifications weight.PNG
Views:	181
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	7192731

    Prices (stolen from Big O tyres)

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Maxxis Tyres at Big O Tyres.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	7192730


    https://maxxistyres.com.au/product/mt-772-razr/




    Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

    #2
    Geez they look aggressive, huge side biters
    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

    Comment


      #3
      They are definitely big for the size. Mine are 315/70/17 So should be 34.4” and on a 9” rim at 30psi they measure 35”.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	48FF8B2E-5620-4620-97D6-0FB789249D25.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	7193137

      Comment


        #4
        nice, ive been looking at these. What size tyre is the OP running?
        RB26......................Again

        Comment


          #5
          Seems like an ok price for a fairly aggressive MT too
          Originally posted by Rdyno
          70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
          Originally posted by Tripper
          Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

          Comment


            #6
            I was looking at these (along with a couple of different brands) for my 2nd set for my SWB Pajero..

            I currently have 285/75R16 BFG KM2 and they are about half worn and absolute shit. In the wet they are diabolical (thank fark my model has super select which means I can run in constant 4WD without the centre diff locked) otherwise I would have been off into the scenery many times so far. They are like a Dog on wet lino...

            I have a set of Falken AT3W for my "everyday and weekender" tyres and want to get something more aggressive for the harder trips and muddy weekends..

            I was looking at the Falken MT01 - but there is ZERO stock anywhere in Australia, so looked at These as well as the Nitto / Toyo... Just can't make up my mind....

            These look good, but they seem to be more of a very aggressive AT, rather than a Full Mud like the Falken / Toyo / Nitto models
            Last edited by Southo; 02-11-20, 11:48 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Southo View Post

              These look good, but they seem to be more of a very aggressive AT, rather than a Full Mud like the Falken / Toyo / Nitto models
              Couldn't disagree with this more..

              Offroad tyre heirachy (excluding snow):

              1. Maxxis Trepadors / Baja Pro / BFG KR2 etc (weekender off road tyres)

              2. MT Baja Boss / Goodyear MTR / Maxxis MT-772 (weekender off road tyres that you can actually drive on the highway with)

              3. Mickey Thompson MT / BFG KM2/KM3 / Cooper STT-PRO/EVO / Toyo MT / Nitto Mud Grappler (off road tyres)

              4. Cooper ST Maxx / Mickey Thompson ATX / Nitto Trail Grappler / Falken Wildpeak MT (entry level off road tyres)

              5. Nitto Ridge Grappler / BFG KO2 / Toyo AT2 etc (basically highway or snow tyres with stronger carcasses for the caravan park tourers)



              Last edited by KarenHusseinXF; 03-11-20, 06:00 AM.
              Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Shep View Post
                They are definitely big for the size. Mine are 315/70/17 So should be 34.4” and on a 9” rim at 30psi they measure 35”.
                Most 35/12.5 tyres don't measure out at 35 inch (normally 34-34.5) on a rim so yep, they are large.

                Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by fly510 View Post
                  nice, ive been looking at these. What size tyre is the OP running?
                  I'm running the 305/70r17 (max size for the Wrangler without engineer cert in NSW), my last set of tyres were Mickey Thompson Mud Terrains in 35/12.5r17 but these are larger in every dimension.

                  Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post

                    Couldn't disagree with this more..

                    Offroad tyre heirachy (excluding snow):

                    1. Maxxis Trepadors / Baja Pro / BFG KR2 etc (weekender off road tyres)

                    2. MT Baja Boss / Goodyear MTR / Maxxis MT-772 (weekender off road tyres that you can actually drive on the highway with)

                    3. Mickey Thompson MT / BFG KM2/KM3 / Cooper STT-PRO/EVO / Toyo MT / Nitto Mud Grappler (off road tyres)

                    4. Cooper ST Maxx / Mickey Thompson ATX / Nitto Trail Grappler / Falken Wildpeak MT (entry level off road tyres)

                    5. Nitto Ridge Grappler / BFG KO2 / Toyo AT2 etc (basically highway or snow tyres with stronger carcasses for the caravan park tourers)


                    Is that your opinion or from certified / qualified testing ??
                    Looking at the Tread block separation / spacing alone, some of them are much closer than others - yet the above list class them as more aggressive - Just keen to know how this list is evaluated / qualified and what testing was performed..


                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Southo View Post
                      Is that your opinion or from certified / qualified testing ??
                      Looking at the Tread block separation / spacing alone, some of them are much closer than others - yet the above list class them as more aggressive - Just keen to know how this list is evaluated / qualified and what testing was performed..
                      My opinion, from observations/driving, have done double black++ tracks with very similar cars with all of the tyres in the list (except KR2, MT ATX and EVO)

                      Which one stands out (Apart from the MT-772) as being out of class? Block spacing is often misleading, the KM3 is better than the KM2 in every terrain but has smaller outside lug spacing.

                      I'm not listing them as more aggressive (what does this term mean?) by the way, i'm listing them according to their off road grip only.



                      Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        By Far the best Off road tyres I have owned are silverstone MT117EX however even short on road trips were pretty unpleasant

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	59FD2852-AD4D-4F04-949A-4996D5F2C80A.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	7193575

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Shep View Post
                          By Far the best Off road tyres I have owned are silverstone MT117EX however even short on road trips were pretty unpleasant

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	59FD2852-AD4D-4F04-949A-4996D5F2C80A.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	7193575
                          haha nice! Yeah could probably add these to the first category!

                          Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Southo, if it's one of the vehicles you've posted up on here about, I wouldn't even think about putting (very) heavy Nittos or Toyo MT on it.

                            Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by MartyHusseinXF View Post
                              Southo, if it's one of the vehicles you've posted up on here about, I wouldn't even think about putting (very) heavy Nittos or Toyo MT on it.
                              You reckon going too extreme on mud tyres is not so good for a Pajero?
                              Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X