Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JL Wrangler Rubicon - good thing or avoid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JL Wrangler Rubicon - good thing or avoid?

I think the Defender 110 is out of the question now, just too many $$$ required.

Looking at the JL Rubicon (new).

Bit annoyed no 3.0l diesel or prospect of the factory 392 here. Same goes for no manual behind the 3.6 - is what it is.
    SC kit not an option unless it has a slim chance of retaining some semblance of factory warranty (lol).

70k crack money for these? Or are they a good thing?
    Probably spend most of its time on islands (Fraser, Moreton, Straddie) when not doing daily duties for nopics.

Buying a Wrangler Rubicon for a beach run is like using a missile to kill an ant.

Anything with low range will be more than enough for those islands.

Parramatta Eels, 2009 Premiership rightful winners.

Comment

We drove a JK Rubicon around California a few years back, was surprised how nice they drove - probably nicer than the STX NP300 I had at the time.

Nopics likes them and is keen on one, would rather have something that is over equipped for that sort of stuff than under.

Will be coming from a '18 Pajero Sport, which is capable, but boring AF.

Comment

We'll probably do some stuff in FNQ too.

Comment

Just read your thread Marty - talk about capable. Think I'll definitely go drive a JL later in the year.

Comment

Yeah the JL Rubicon is a beast, if you can deal with the way the lack of space, the way they drive, the shit aftersales service/dealers and don't mind the extra "effort" involved in making up for the slack dealers they are a very good thing in all kinds of offroad and making it unstoppable is just a few mods away.

3.6/auto is the best combination.

Comment

A good mate has one of these. No mods. Perhaps the most capable standard 4wd I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenHusseinXF View Post
                Yeah the JL Rubicon is a beast, if you can deal with the way the lack of space, the way they drive, the shit aftersales service/dealers and don't mind the extra "effort" involved in making up for the slack dealers they are a very good thing in all kinds of offroad and making it unstoppable is just a few mods away.

3.6/auto is the best combination.
                Be interesting to see if their PR campaign at the moment comes to fruition.

Comment

unlikely, most dealers are rotten to the core. so much distrust of the manufacturer. plus a policy team at cjd that flip flop daily. add to that parts delays and nil stock in oz, means delaers are walking away.
                  I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                  WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                  robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post

Be interesting to see if their PR campaign at the moment comes to fruition.
                    It's the same same as the other 10 times they have attempted to fix it, it will take sustained effort over a period of time, a proper beating of dealers and significant investment, I doubt they are up for it.

Comment

We did some training material for them. On paper they seem pretty awesome. Imo the 2.0 turbo is the pick of the bunch for engines more torque earlier in the rev range, but I guess the 3.6 is a proven thing.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Babalouie
                      Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Comment

Originally posted by vet 180 View Post
                        We did some training material for them. On paper they seem pretty awesome. Imo the 2.0 turbo is the pick of the bunch for engines more torque earlier in the rev range, but I guess the 3.6 is a proven thing.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
                        no 2.0 in Australia.

Comment

They had the euro diesel (2.2) and the 3.6 in the JL Wrangler in AU, now just the 3.6.

I imagine at some point they will do the hybrid which will be a cracker if they manage to work out how to do high amp 12v takeoff (for winch) and provide a way (240v/inverter?) to give us aux power from the lithium battery bank like the new F150.

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post
                            I think the Defender 110 is out of the question now, just too many $$$ required.

That may change soon with the new defender hitting the market.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post

That may change soon with the new defender hitting the market.
                              Not sure what you mean. MY21 Defender 110 is a 100k proposition in a half decent spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X