Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol thats gotta be a 'shop
    Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
      lol thats gotta be a 'shop
      Nope…

Comment

Lots of concerns being voiced over the suitability of the 300 as an outback tourer. Fuel filter being located lowdown behind the rear wheel being one of the main concerns. Likewise concerns about underbonnet temps from the turbos being in the valley. Questions have also been raised about GVM increases, with concerns any increase would be extremely limited due to axle loadings. Apparently there is a belief the rear axle isn't as strong as the 200 series.

Comment

Where did you hear the rear axle rumours?

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
            Lots of concerns being voiced over the suitability of the 300 as an outback tourer. Fuel filter being located lowdown behind the rear wheel being one of the main concerns. Likewise concerns about underbonnet temps from the turbos being in the valley. Questions have also been raised about GVM increases, with concerns any increase would be extremely limited due to axle loadings. Apparently there is a belief the rear axle isn't as strong as the 200 series.
            200 isnt that great either. a decent GVM kit for a 200 series comes with a new rear axle anyway so not a big deal.

all normal concerns for a new model. 200 series turned out fine.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post
              Where did you hear the rear axle rumours?
              Pretty sure I saw a comment in the comments on a Jmax video, by a viewer not the company. I'm guessing it's speculation based on the reduced factory GVM on the 300

Comment

Front axle is near its limit from the factory. The GR Sport version wont allow you to have a bullbar with a winch (factory version) due to axle loading, only a bullbar.
                Diseasel 80 series with 100 series :w:

Comment

Yeah ok fair enough. No one has really seen one yet but the parts I’ve seen are very much an iteration on the 200. Aftermarket companies are getting dealer demos now for a quick look-see but I don’t think anyone has scanned or tested a diff housing

Comment

Pretty sure I saw a comment in the comments on a Jmax video, by a viewer not the company. I'm guessing it's speculation based on the reduced factory GVM on the 300
                    LC200 owners got to keep their "investments"

Comment

I suspect that is a legitimate concern. If not immediately, certainly a few years down the track. Especially given the use of plastics for critical cooling system components in modern cars.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post

I suspect that is a legitimate concern. If not immediately, certainly a few years down the track. Especially given the use of plastics for critical cooling system components in modern cars.
                        BMW says you have nothing to worry about. Honestly...

Comment

Plastic parts arent inherently bad though

Like plastic header tanks have been a thing since at least the '90s - they do go eventually but not at the rate that modern BMW shit does
                          Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by ITS60S View Post
                            I test drove a VX yesterday after ordering at the start of the week - I'm not the best non biased opinion as I am a Toyota fan boy and coming from a Hilux so anything feels nicer but the car itself really impressed me, not noisy outside like a few videos, seemed to go well enough for towing which is really why I am in the demographic, salesman has quotes 5-6 month wait
                            What sort of $ are we talking? I assume just RRP?

I finally pick up my Patrol on Monday, it's been a long wait. I wouldn't be surprised if a 300 ordered now is a 12+ months wait.

Comment

Local dealer has one. Had a look, it's smaller inside and feels almost prado. Drives ok, dealer told me it's Dec 2022 for a delivery if I order a base model, late 2023 for the others. He confirmed all other points above about gvm, towing, etc.
                              I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                              WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                              robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

To add, I'll be going y62 in the new year but wanted to drive a 300 to make sure it wasn't better. It isn't.
                                I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
                                WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
                                robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Working...
                                X