No announcement yet.

Landcruiser 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove a 300 GXL today. Having owned a 2014 VX 200, and now a 2021 VX 200, there is huge differences.

-Alloy bonnet, feels thin/very flimsy, part of the diet between series
    -Single piece tailgate, this will catch alot of people out
    ​​​​​​--3rd row seats fold into the floor, same as Prado
    - 7 seats for all but the 2 top specs (including povo pack GX)
    -Rear diff, suspension very much Prado. Tiny swaybar, shocks now on the outside of the chassis rail, diff pumpkin looks smaller
    -Floor pan feels lower, makes sense as there appears to be bugger all room underneath
    -V6 is quite noisy inside the cab
    - Goes hard. Weighs less, more power,der
    -10 speed direct drive. This is what will make the car. Big improvement over the 200 (Which wasn't much of a challenge)
    - huge tyre noise. Narrower than 200 (265 vs 285)
    - Body roll ,wholly shit. Horrendous
    - Dash plastics have a hell of alot of movement in them
    - GXL has no sat navigation, but has radar cruise. The fuck?
    - Engine bay. Battery is up against the passenger firewall, tray appears to have enough room to rotate the battery around to fit a second one next to it. No other room in the bay to pt a 2nd battery
    - Flimsy plastics in the engine bay
    - Dual intercoolers mounted low behind the bumper. Asking for damage.

Dealer said December 2022 for delivery. Overall, very meh really.
    Diseasel 80 series with 100 series :w:

Comment

Originally posted by T T Celica View Post
      Drove a 300 GXL today. Having owned a 2014 VX 200, and now a 2021 VX 200, there is huge differences.

Carplay? If so that is fine- who tf uses OEM satnav anyway if they don't have to. If no carplay then yes wtf indeed.
      The reason they will all have ACC and the associated ADAS is Toyota's strategy is every single car even garden variety has the safety sense shit. They started that in 2016 or so.

Overall, very meh really.
      Gotta keep all the 200 series owners happy

Comment

-Alloy bonnet, feels thin/very flimsy, part of the diet between series
        -Single piece tailgate, this will catch alot of people out
        ​​​​​​--3rd row seats fold into the floor, same as Prado
        - 7 seats for all but the 2 top specs (including povo pack GX)
        -Rear diff, suspension very much Prado. Tiny swaybar, shocks now on the outside of the chassis rail, diff pumpkin looks smaller
        -Floor pan feels lower, makes sense as there appears to be bugger all room underneath
        -V6 is quite noisy inside the cab
        - Goes hard. Weighs less, more power,der
        -10 speed direct drive. This is what will make the car. Big improvement over the 200 (Which wasn't much of a challenge)
        - huge tyre noise. Narrower than 200 (265 vs 285)
        - Body roll ,wholly shit. Horrendous
        - Dash plastics have a hell of alot of movement in them
        - Engine bay. Battery is up against the passenger firewall, tray appears to have enough room to rotate the battery around to fit a second one next to it. No other room in the bay to pt a 2nd battery
        - Flimsy plastics in the engine bay
        - Dual intercoolers mounted low behind the bumper. Asking for damage.

Dealer said December 2022 for delivery. Overall, very meh really.
        thanks for the notes, Im not in the market (I've got a 2014 sahara that I'm happy with) but i am very interested in the gearbox. that really is the selling point for me. but from initial comparisons it appears the jump from 100 to 200 was far greater than the 200 to 300.

when you say engine is quite noisy in cabin, how does it compare to the 1VD in the 200?

Oo___oO

Comment

Carplay yes. Not having Toyota sat nav would be a blessing, the factory one is shit.

The V6 noise over and above the 1VD. Just sounds very "busy". Maybe the VX and above models have better NVH?

Comment

So the GR gets SatNav but the GXL does not, or is it an option between models and tick the box?
            Originally posted by TK
            may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Comment

I'll be getting a Y62, I think. Hoping they update the interior to at least come close to the 300 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper Read View Post
                So the GR gets SatNav but the GXL does not, or is it an option between models and tick the box?
                GX
                GXL
                VX
                SAHARA
                SAHARA ZX
                GR SPORT

take your pic

Comment

Pretty sure the only thing you can option is the colour. And various accessories

Comment

So many review coming out saying 1-2 year wait

lol
                    Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Buy the time they come here the hybrid one might be available lol
                      Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Decent review here with mods, towing etc
                        Originally posted by The Property Guru
                        don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                        Originally posted by oxy
                        No, that's asians
                        A80 Supra
                        80 Landcruiser

Comment

saw my first 300 on the road this morning, was a sahara. a good looking car in the flesh, departure angle looks much better than the 200 series. the tall flat wheel arches are the only thing that sticks out as a bit odd for me but overall a good looking car. design makes it look a bit smaller than a 200 somehow.

Oo___oO

Comment

I hear Lovell’s are working on a couple of towing upgrades kits for the LC300. 3.8t and 4.2t.

Comment

The only aftermarket manufacturer for correctly engineered GVM upgrades, that actually has a 300 in their possession, is AEV in Townsville. Bit of a mystery on how they came about owning one. Much like Toyota Australia allowing Kedron to test the Sahara and GR with a 3000+kg van on the back of it in the Flinders Ranges.

Comment

The only aftermarket manufacturer for correctly engineered GVM upgrades, that actually has a 300 in their possession, is AEV in Townsville. Bit of a mystery on how they came about owning one. Much like Toyota Australia allowing Kedron to test the Sahara and GR with a 3000+kg van on the back of it in the Flinders Ranges.
                                Must be a Military project. Surprised they’re allowed to tell anyone. No one owns one or has access to one apart from Toyota approved projects

edit- not including borrowing a dealer demo which pretty much everyone has done
                                Last edited by lukevl; 15-11-21, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X