Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big McLaren F1 thread on Pistonheads.com

Hey Guys,

After reading the 100th issue of Evo they mentioned that the McLaren F1 they were driving belonged to a dude on the piston head forums called flemke. Well my amazing detective uncovered this huge thread on the Mc F1. Fantastic reading where the owner really gets in depth with his experiences and knowledge of the car.

Its 128 pages long, I'm up to page 10 and already know more about the F1 than I ever did before.

Enjoy...http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...=&t=226933&h=0
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Flemke = pistonheads version of Q? :D
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

One of the few threads on teh interwebs where you feel smarter for having read it. I'm only on page 6.

Comment

Comment

Ill be stuck here reading for some time it seems
          Originally posted by brasher
          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

^Top Book worth every dollar

Comment

No offence to Q but I think flemke is in another league...he's also a little older than the q'ster...

Flemke is 79 for fucks sake! Owns a Carrera GT, 911, Mc F1, 959 and some other stuff that I can't remember....

The amount he must be spending on the McF1 to get it to handle how he wants is unbelievable, custom wheels, lots of custom parts. Five figure amounts to replace the clutch....insane shit for sure. I'm up to page 36 and i've been reading on and off all day.

Comment

I've got a copy of that book, it's excellent. the $435 version is probably the (very) limited edition one they put out.

Comment

If you didn't work it out, 'Master H' in that thread is Liam Howlett from The Prodigy.

Comment

Yeh I figured that out. I like how subtle they were once they worked it out...

I've wasted so much of my day reading this fucking thread! I love it...

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD
                      If you didn't work it out, 'Master H' in that thread is Liam Howlett from The Prodigy.
                      Haha i was wondering who that was!

Dam cool
                      Automotive Superstore

Comment

There's a post on page 99 linking to Bill's homepage

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD
                          Any more info of the 'flemke' guy who owns the F1? He alludes to painting or something similar as a hobby but he's coy about whay he does for a crust, sounds like he's done alright for himself after humble beginnings.

Comment

there's some mention that he's in the financial services sector in there somewhere. He understandable doesn't want to make it too obvious who he is though.

Comment

I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X