fastest drive around australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fastest drive around australia

whats the record for the fastest drive around australia?
    who set it?
    what route did they take?
    how long did they take?

4 days 10hours in a hire car using the National Highway a few years ago by some Servo workers who decided to after reading the km free conditions on a contract. Will try and find the Street Machine mag it was in and dig it out. Average of 140kmh.

Comment

Couldn't do it now. Too many camera's and those safety cams that work out your average speed and ping you.
      2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
      2004 Nissan El Grand rape van
      2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
      2007 Suzuki SX4 - Ski Mule
      2005 WR250
      + 2 trailers and a caravan.
      I finance the RMS

Comment

Originally posted by blackbart View Post
        Couldn't do it now. Too many camera's and those safety cams that work out your average speed and ping you.
        Most of those are for trucks, Vic has got some point to point cameras thou.

I recall reading in a magazine amc i think. about the fastest time from melbourne to sydney it was 6 hours and change and that was done on the old hume highway,
        you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

My building manager holds the world record for one lap of Australia on a Honda Scooter.
          1998 NB MX5
          1997 VS II Statesman (L67)

Originally posted by TK
          Fuck yeah, Kinsler stuff for holden 6's is like finding hens teeth buried under rocking horse shit next to the needle in the haystack during a blue moon.

Comment

a guy i used to work with jetskiied around australia - there is a doco on it somwhere. (cool story hansel)
            Originally posted by doods189
            Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt View Post
              a guy i used to work with jetskiied around australia - there is a doco on it somwhere. (cool story hansel)
              that would be awesome
              Originally posted by Kiahatsiu
              Dear Fidel,
              Well, enough small talk, how is the corn chute?
              Regards
              Kia.
              Originally posted by rolin7
              the car is basically a drunk guy from Toowoomba with an empty VB case on his head.
              Originally posted by tomvale13
              maybe don a stackhat, a cardigan, wear a cheese cake as underpants and see how it goes

Comment

jetski details here - http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...rp-357892.html
                Originally posted by doods189
                Will throw in around $3000 worth of reptiles and acc as part payment and maybe if partner let's me a 50in plasma 3d tv

Comment

fuck the record, i reckon just making it is enough to be proud of!

Comment

interesting time getting from north of Perth to Broome and Darwin....and Weepa to Cape Tribulation??
                    The liquid hydrogen turbopump is slightly larger than an automobile engine (weighing approximately 700 lb) and produces nearly 70,000 hp (52.2 MW).

Originally posted by rusty
                    stupid skinny dancing pretend fighting currymuncher

Comment

Is there a record for doing it on postie bikes?
                      Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                      I <3 Hamster

Comment

fags

give me the driving record and the route taken already!

Comment

make sure you stop for PF drinking session in melbourne.
                          1998 NB MX5
                          1997 VS II Statesman (L67)

Originally posted by TK
                          Fuck yeah, Kinsler stuff for holden 6's is like finding hens teeth buried under rocking horse shit next to the needle in the haystack during a blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by old Dave View Post
                            Is there a record for doing it on postie bikes?

Wanna do it?
                            I've got a cb100 in the garage and i'll give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                              itd be fun to try though

but yeah i reckon youd need about 5 licences to spread the points over

or do it on one and just be prepared to get in a fair bit of trouble afterwards

edit.. who am i kidding .. 50 licences probably
                              A guy who i knew when i was living in Melbourne (idiot Swede, a real one) thought his flight over to the US was leaving from Melbourne until 8pm the night before it was due to leave, and found out that it was leaving from Brissy at 7pm the next day.
                              Instead of doing what any normal people would do and just fly up, he decides that he wants to see Australia one last time and hires a car to drive up the coast to Brissy. NFI how he made it in time, but the next time i heard from him he was in San Francisco, and had about 40+ speeding fines which he wasnt intending to pay.
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget
                              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                              X