Cars For Sale Worth Mentioning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shifted View Post
    When they say Supra gearbox do they mean the 5 speed W58 or the 6 speed v160/v161 Getrag?
    Ive always been of the opinion that anybody who uses the term "Supra gearbox" when referring to a retro-fit is talking about a W58 or an R154.

Anybody who has a V160/1 will always say Getrag or V160/1

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post

Ive always been of the opinion that anybody who uses the term "Supra gearbox" when referring to a retro-fit is talking about a W58 or an R154.

Anybody who has a V160/1 will always say Getrag or V160/1
      if you were putting it behind a 253 you would call it a supra gearbox but its actually a celica or corona steel case

if you were putting it behind a 308 you would call it a supra gearbox and its a alloy case W57 or W58

if you were a into toyotas but not a full blown nerd it would be a supra turbo gearbox for R154 referring to the MA71 turbo supra and just supra gearbox referring to a W58

if you were referring to the 6 speed you would say getrag (and throw in the words six speed for extra cred cause it was like the 1st 6 speed they ever had at the time)

if you were a full blown toyota nerd god help the soul of any person who has to listen to you talk using toyota code speak because you gonna say the exact model code and chassis code and diff code and engine code and everything
      Last edited by schnitzelburger; 12-10-21, 09:49 AM.
      www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post

if you were putting it behind a 253 you would call it a supra gearbox but its actually a celica or corona steel case

if you were putting it behind a 308 you would call it a supra gearbox and its a alloy case W57 or W58

if you were a into toyotas but not a full blown nerd it would be a supra turbo gearbox for R154 referring to the MA71 turbo supra and just supra gearbox referring to a W58

if you were referring to the 6 speed you would say getrag (and throw in the words six speed for extra cred cause it was like the 1st 6 speed they ever had at the time)

if you were a full blown toyota nerd god help the soul of any person who has to listen to you talk using toyota code speak because you gonna say the exact model code and chassis code and diff code and engine code and everything

Its funny, because its true

*goes off to the garage to look at the JZA80 with a 2JZ-GE(T) and remote shift R154 from a JZX100 feeding an A02B rear end*

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
          Are you calling me a nerd because I know that the E51 gearbox in my ADM MR2 (AW11-WCMQFQ) comes from a JDM supercharged model (AW11-WCMQR) with the 4A-GZE engine, but in my case my engine is actually a 9AGTE (made-up engine code) using a 7A-FE block from an AE93 corolla with a 4A-GE blacktop head from an AE111 sprinter?

or is it because I know that my 1984 supra (MA61R-BLPQEQ) should have the automatic A43 transmission and an F293 diff but dneg swapped the gearbox out for a "supra turbo" R154 out of a JZA70 MKIII supra, and I swapped in an F302 longer final drive diff out of an RA65 celica?
          Last edited by trdee; 12-10-21, 01:41 PM.
          1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Dunno how much Babs was but 50k?

https://chrometemple.com/product/199...GTTHV8A10-m4uA Click image for larger version

Name:	ED026B55-F9F5-472C-BD8D-038A7332AB7D.jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	7303310

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post

Are you calling me a nerd because I know that the E51 gearbox in my ADM MR2 (AW11-WCMQFQ) comes from a JDM supercharged model (AW11-WCMQR) with the 4A-GZE engine, but in my case my engine is actually a 9AGTE (made-up engine code) using a 7A-FE block from an AE93 corolla with a 4A-GE blacktop head from an AE111 sprinter?

or is it because I know that my 1984 supra (MA61R-BLPQEQ) should have the automatic A43 transmission and an F293 diff but dneg swapped the gearbox out for a "supra turbo" R154 out of a JZA70 MKIII supra, and I swapped in an F302 longer final drive diff out of an RA65 celica?

you forgot to mention the JZ25DETT
              www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by maddy View Post
                fuck....
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

There are two of these in a driveway near me, along with an early Evo and a cut up 240z. Dude's living the (90s) dream

Comment

Does the insane pricing stop once we're all allowed to travel overseas again?

Comment

Originally posted by andy_wk View Post
                      Does the insane pricing stop once we're all allowed to travel overseas again?
                      Probably not. the supply of new cars is thin on the ground globally. Shipping is two years behind for everything, including car making bits

I think for stuff we are interested in, everyone in Australia who has wanted something already has it. Ex work colleague sold of a LSA powered HSV for $90k odd. He is an older guy and had about $30k in under the hood in mods. Eight to twelve months ago I'm sure that would have sold in the $130k bracket
                      "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post

There are two of these in a driveway near me, along with an early Evo and a cut up 240z. Dude's living the (90s) dream
                        Make an offer now on the lot...
                        '13 Yamaha R1 // '16 Toyota Hilux SR5 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Comment

Dunno how much Babs was but 50k?
                          Babs one is a manual with a third of this example's km's.
                          https://performanceforums.com/forums...jero-evolution
                          Last edited by Smudge; 13-10-21, 09:57 PM.

Comment

A few interesting cars on Lloyds at the moment.
                            https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/Auct...&pgn=3&pgs=100

FD RX7
                            A few Eunos Cosmos
                            S2000
                            DeLorean DMC-12
                            Corvette convertible
                            560SL
                            Pajero VR-II

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                              A few interesting cars on Lloyds at the moment.
                              https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/Auct...&pgn=3&pgs=100

FD RX7
                              A few Eunos Cosmos
                              S2000
                              DeLorean DMC-12
                              Corvette convertible
                              560SL
                              Pajero VR-II
                              4000cc twin turbo RX8?
                              https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotD...&pgn=3&pgs=100

Comment

they keep recycling the same cars every few weeks. All the sellers must have retardedly high reserves.
                                1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X