Trailer Towing the Einstein way....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much fail. Even the towie taking photos rather than concentrating on driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Orange View Post
      So he noticed the jocky wheel was down and didn't let them know?
      Originally posted by bigmuz View Post
      +2

However I thought this was another of those towie threads where only licenced professionals should be allowed to tow a box trailer but I was happy to be wrong.
      Pretty sure the bloke knew that he'd put it down... Otherwise the boot of the Falcon would have been sitting on the ground...

Pretty sure he wouldn't have pulled over because a good samaritan towie had a suggestion either...

Comment

So what happened - did the towbar fail first, or did he crash the Falcon?

Comment

The tow ball would have sheared after it jack knifed.
          As evidenced by the jockey wheel imprint in the rear bumper.

Was that safety chain even attached?
          Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

Yeah but it looks like the safety chain point got torn off the tow bar too.
            Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
            my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by DCR View Post
              So much fail. Even the towie taking photos rather than concentrating on driving.
              + 1. Where do you start? Mega epic stupidness all around.
              Originally posted by Stix Z
              i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
              Originally posted by Jim
              Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

it looks like the safety chain point got torn off the tow bar too.
                I reckon it was just draped over the tow ball.
                Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

I posted in another thread about this and the jockey wheel exploding.
                  Should have looked here first.
                  Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

If I was attempting an epic fail of towing like this, I'd rather a "good samaratin" towie tell me shit was going wrong rather than turn the whole lot upside down and kill myself and/or my family. Your towie mate is a fuckwit if he is a "professional" and simply took pics rather than tell the guy what he was doing was horrendously dangerous. I'm guessing the 30 dollar tow was because he felt guillty for not saying something in the first place.

I stopped using tow trucks because everytime I do the useless cunts either damage my car or want stupid amounts of money for ridiculously small distances. Its metric shitloads cheaper to hire or borrow a car trailer and do it myself.
                    Originally posted by Dimi
                    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

My wife once towed about 2000kg of topsoil in a 1300cc Mazda 121 from Penrith to Castle Hill, with the jockey wheel down. I kind of lol'd when she came home, until I realised how lucky she was to get away with that. Then we had crazy monkey sex so it was all ok.
                      Originally posted by Billzilla
                      Remember - Ignorance in the true sense of the word does not equal stupidity.
                      Wilful ignorance does though.

Comment

I hope your mate showed him the photos he took earlier - knowing it was going to happen. pmsl.

Sketchy - and do himself out of a job? pfft. pull him up and go "hey mate, wanna save $30? give me $50 and I'll tell you how"
                        Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

Originally posted by VE Safari View Post
                          Then we had crazy monkey sex so it was all ok.
                          always makes it better.
                          Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

PMSL - epic fuckup,

You need two dicks to be that much of a wanker
                            'Lifes pretty straight without twisties'

Comment

I repeat: trailer/towing licences should be mandatory. everyone else should be taught that people towing need a wide berth/braking distance.

Things i see that are wrong:
                              1. Landcruiser and trailer grossly exceeds capacity of towing Falcon.
                              2. Trailer has jockey wheel down
                              3. Safety chains possibly not hooked up [possibly removed when salvaged]
                              4. Unsecured load. Lookes like a cable through the RHF rim of the cruiser. Chain at rear not pulled laterally but vertically - does nothing.
                              5. car tires on the XD trailer tims not 8-ply light truck tires.
                              6. towing in the wet
                              7. :knock:

Said it before, but i had a similar stack like that when i was about 19. Towing a BMW 5 series on a hire trailer with an XE. BMW written off.

Then my mate and his dad had a big spill on the westgate bridge. I think that involved towing an XY wagon with a honda accord.

live and learn eh?
                              Originally posted by myliberty
                              My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
                              13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchypiMp View Post
                                Your towie mate is a fuckwit if he is a "professional" and simply took pics rather than tell the guy what he was doing was horrendously dangerous.
                                I think you will find the Falcoon Driver would have ignored him anyway...

He knew the Jockey Wheel was on the Road, or else the 'Coons arse end would have been dragging on the ground!!

He would have listened to no-body!
                                1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
                                1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

Comment

Working...
                                X