Cordless Rattleguns ... current hotness

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tradequip one- had it for over 3 years and its good..
    they have a new one with more torque now too

Comment

panasonic is what i used to use doing hang-on scaffold. came with attachments for normal drill bits also. used to get 40 min charge times, and 200 batton screws into hardwood before it would go flat. would tighten a 17mm bolt on the plank hangers over 60 times a job with no signs of it going flat. really really good drill and was the best out of milwauke,dewalt and hitachi drills that we used before we settled on the panasonic. trade tools would also repair it whenever we dropped the thing(quite often!) for $120.
      this was 3 years ago, and the drill was only 14 volts 3.0 amp hours. as far as i know they now sell the same drill for under $400. back then they were over $700! they are now selling a newer version of this drill with lithium-ion batteries.
      either way you really can't go wrong. the drills we had would only wear out the batteries every 2 years(worked very hard though!) with the drills them selves lasting forever.
      www.hackettsdiscounttyres.com.au for the best prices on the biggest brands!!

Comment

Cordless Rattleguns ... current hotness

You're referring to an Impact driver yes?

Comment

^^ yeah he is definitley talking about Impact drivers not wrenches (rattle guns)

The impact driver is probably the most used tool in my kit. Love buzzin' in 150mm bugles into hardwood - fuckin amazing
          'Lifes pretty straight without twisties'

Comment

I have the panasonic rattle gun as well, awesome bit of gear has 3.3 amp hours and does the job nicely.Un does the wheel nuts on the transit van 200nm
            Worlds fastest 4g powerd mazda sp20 yellow evo 2 with a evo 3 bodykit

Comment

+ 1 for tradequip
              Originally Posted by Tut
              THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

Comment

Just about ever tradie I know is using Hitachis these days.

Prior to Hitachi, heaps swore by Panasonic.

Comment

I have some hitachi drivers, not impressed. My old boy has been a cabinet maker for like ever and still thinks makitas are the shit.
                  3D scanning
                  3D modelling
                  Structural certification
                  3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

whats the least one would spend on such an item? say anything for ~$300?
                    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Comment

I know a coupla people who're really happy with their just-sub-$300 eBay DeWalts ... there's disscussion of there being more'n one power-rating though, NFI what's what myself (& some of these people are Ultimate Cheapskates ).
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

makita btw450, best tool i've bought.

jeff you could get a skin for ~$250 but the Li batteries are exxy, a good buy if you already have the Makita 3AH batteries though

Comment

Since ive been thinking about getting a new drill too, i had a look at the Hitachi 18v drills. Turns out i can get one from a local hardware store for $319 with 3 batteries and the charger, then i can buy one of the skins from a grey importer or the US and use that with the batteries.

Could probably get it all for $450... thoughts?
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

^cheap the batteries in a 3.0AH size are at least $110 on eBay, charger $80 and then a skin is $150

I bought a kit of 2 x 3.0Ah batts,
                            Aus charger
                            Impact wrench
                            Impact driver
                            the top end Drill (there are 3 18v models)
                            recipro saw
                            jigsaw
                            circ saw
                            fluro light
                            tradie bag

for just over $1000

Comment

Checking this stores other catalogue, it turns out they are only 1.5AH batteries:

Not sure which hammer drill model it is, no listings in the cattledog.
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget
                              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Thats not the top end drill either - thats the DS18DL

The DV18 is the better drill - but only marginal price difference when buying skins

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hitachi-18v-D...item27b6627817

better chuck and also comes with the detachable side grip handle

Comment

Working...
                                X