Cordless Rattleguns ... current hotness

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks blokes, sounds like it's a good match for my needs. As above there is much nicer stuff around but it's way out of my price range. This seems like a decent compromise.
    Norbie!

Comment

Ryobi stuff is mostly 6 year warranty on the skins if you register them too. And it's pretty much zero questions asked replacement at Bunnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
        there is much nicer stuff around but it's way out of my price range. This seems like a decent compromise.
        There is less nice stuff out there too, the only thing that stops me getting an ozito rattlegun (apart from not having the several dozen dollars required burning a hole in my pocket) is the fact they don't do an impact ratchet, i'll still use their drills etc but might as well have the car tools on the same batteries.

Comment

Ryobi stuff is good, it's not Milwaukee but sometimes cheaper electric tools are better if you flog the fuck out of them.

I really like the Ryobi brushless drill, I think the cordless ratchet is shit but Foamy thinks it's great. Impact gun is decent.

Comment

I picked up that Ryobi kit on the weekend, haven't had much of a chance to play with it but I did use the impact wrench on a few stubborn subframe bolts in my Supra. It made short work of it, I was surprised how much kick it has. I think it might be stronger than the shitty SCA rattle gun I have, so I don't think my air compressor will be getting much use from now on!

Anyway I'm sold on these things already, I can see how they can save shitloads of time and hassle. As with many things I probably should have bought one years ago.
            Norbie!

Comment

Yeah Ryobi battery rattlers are better than shit air rattlers, and "different" to good ones.

My air rattler was 20 bucks, it's extra shit and I generally use an adaptor in my cheap battery drill to get bolts/nuts on/off before/after doing/undoing them with a ratchet or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
                Ryobi stuff is mostly 6 year warranty on the skins if you register them too. And it's pretty much zero questions asked replacement at Bunnings.
                That's good to know, my 8" 1+ circular saw just stopped working, it's only about three years old tops. However, the 20 other 1+ tools have been faultless. Particularly the rattle gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
                  That's good to know, my 8" 1+ circular saw just stopped working, it's only about three years old tops. However, the 20 other 1+ tools have been faultless. Particularly the rattle gun.
                  You have to have registered it within 30 days of purchase to get the extended warranty. Otherwise it's just 2 years. Also that extended warranty didn't exist 3 years ago I'm pretty sure. Can't hurt to try at Bunnings though.

Comment

My workshop has every brand. Snap on dies. Milwaukie dies after a year or two. I have bout 30 makita tools not one has died. Iíve had makita for about 10 years now and the 10 year old batteries are still going which is amazing. Got bout 10 batteries no one has failed.

Comment

just picked up one of these on the weekend
                      https://www.makita.com.au/products/p...-impact-wrench

it rattles, took off a wheel nut easy as on the lowest setting.

although that should also be good enough for the hub nuts on the falcooon (300nm).

dunno what I'll need 1600nm for, gonna disassemble the harbour bridge maybe.
                      GT-P
                      Bandsenkowagon

Comment

Anyone wanting the milwaukee stubby rattle gun, its on ebay for $196.20. Cheapest anywhere by far if you already have m12 stuff.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123794869987

Otherwise, milwaukee have a redemption if you buy the kit with charger and 2 x 3.0 a/h batteries at the moment. Get a free 6.0a/h battery.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com.au/redemptions/
                        Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                        This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

These look pretty much like ripoff M12 gear.

Anyone used them: https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...2v/573294.html
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                            These look pretty much like ripoff M12 gear.

Anyone used them: https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...2v/573294.html
                            They are in old Panasonic colours as well. Bizzare.

Comment

you know that shit isnt going to have any balls though. my m12 stubby rattlegun takes wheelnuts off with ease that were torqued up with a breaker bar. took a whole fkn subframe out of a car at pick and payless with it... fucking love it
                              1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                              The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Working...
                              X