Cordless Rattleguns ... current hotness

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So really the big cost is in the charger and batteries.

I dont think i could get the charger and batteries for less than $150.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Just buy Makita chris

Comment

listen to kyle ffs
        3D scanning
        3D modelling
        Structural certification
        3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Yeah. Looking at what the makita ones offer too. Would be looking for both a drill and impact wrench.

I do like the sheer size of the hitachi.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

What size!?

Comment

Yeah. Exactly. It's quite small compared to the makita. Remember I have a full plbed air setup in the garage too.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget

Comment

My Makita bhp452 is fucking tiny! Takes 1.5ah batteries and will take the 3s too...

Bought Makita yet? Lol

Comment

I can't find any of the little ones. The 3 toolshops I've been to today only have the big ones

Two of the shops flat out said that there wasn't a smaller one. All wanted to sell the dewalt or hitachi
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The new nugget

Comment

Another vote for the Hitachi 18v. I've got air lines in my garage but find I'm using the electric more and more, it is small and without the hassle of an air line dragging everywhere. For most jobs it is fine but I still break out the air rattle gun for tough jobs.

Comment

I was tossing up between Makita and Hitachi myself the Hitachi has 1.5Ah and 3.0ah options in batteries too- I really liked the Makita jobsite radio in their pack :D

Its good shit -

the thing that swayed me to the hitachi was the fact every skin is $150-$200 whereas the makita varies HEAPs in price - the bloody jigsaw was $400 from memory

Cant go wrong with the Makita product - it depends what you want to pay and whether the hitachi will do the job for you - I'm not a tradie and for the home handy man/mechanic its more than capable
                      'Lifes pretty straight without twisties'

Comment

Chris the model of the smaller one is bdf452rhe or bhp452rhe. First is driver drill 2nd is impact drill.. Cheap cheap, my bdf kit was $250...

Comment

Its not the hammerdrill that i want to be small, i dont mind too much how big that one is. Its the impact wrench which is the big sucker.

The Hitachi impact wrench is about 1/2 of the size of the Makita one.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget

Comment

I got a factory reco DV18DL hitachi hammerdrill with 2 3A batts and a 110v charger for $151 US, add a $50 transformer & win. WR18DL impact wrench skin for US$120 is in the post.

Unbelievable value for money.
                            Marc Kelly
                            '76 1380 Clubman (I really should fix it)
                            '86 AE82 Twin Cam (cunts trashed it, gone to the wrecker)
                            '85 JD Camira rally car (I trashed it, now its a Lanos)

Comment

Where did you get the factory reco ones?
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget

Comment

Fuck now you tell be! Then you want a Makita BTW251rfe... Same size as the driver drill!

Comment

Working...
                                X