Possible future classics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible future classics?

Was having a bit of a squizz in the Holdans (lol) 4 eva thread and there was plenty of talk about mint VL Calais' being worth good money now and possibly more so in the future. I had a similar conversation with myliberty and BoganDave regarding my JDM AE86 the other day as to whether it may be worth hanging onto and storing for future hektik drift kiddies to get all moist over and pay huge money for it like the XY GTHO, etc.

I am not for a second saying a mid 80's two door corolla is anything like a HO, but the thing has a worldwide appeal on impressionable minds and a fairly legendary status in the performance world thanks to Takumi and the rest of the Inital D circle jerk. Cunts are paying silly money now, whats to say that trend wont continue as more of them are purchased by backwards cap fuckwits, bingled, wrecked and become increasingly sought after by collectors in years too come? On the other hand it is still just a mass produced cheapskate rwd corolla coupe that is known for being a great skid pig.

Same goes for the VL Calais and possibly some other recent models, BA XR6 Turbo etc. E30 M3's seem to be making a healthy comeback of late as well.

Discuss, and list other cars which fit the criteria
    Originally posted by Dimi
    80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
    Originally posted by schnitzelburger
    My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Sorrento green S3 205 gti with no sunroof is one to hang on to.

Comment

im holding on to my vn hoping that most of them get written off by young shitcunt drivers and maybe then it could possibly be worth something
      Originally posted by Karnage
      Sounds like a candidate for involuntary euthanasia or perhaps surprise assisted suicide.

Comment

id love a mint condition VL Calais Turbo thats been owned by 1/2 owners

however i know im dreaming
        Originally posted by Kiahatsiu
        Dear Fidel,
        Well, enough small talk, how is the corn chute?
        Regards
        Kia.
        Originally posted by rolin7
        the car is basically a drunk guy from Toowoomba with an empty VB case on his head.
        Originally posted by tomvale13
        maybe don a stackhat, a cardigan, wear a cheese cake as underpants and see how it goes

Comment

Even stuff like a decent R32 GTR, a decent RZ Supra, they are fucking hard enough to find one right now, let alone in 20-30 years. Will be worth coin to the current generation.
          Find your Freedom
          Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
          www.FreedomFunding.com.au
          www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
          If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

Problem is, there is no R32s in good condition anymore

Comment

Some are ..... therefore they fetch a good price.
              But fair comment...... some are upside down :D
              Find your Freedom
              Home Loans | Car Loans | Investment Portfolios | Property Management
              www.FreedomFunding.com.au
              www.ProgressiveProperty.com.au

Click for PF Loans
              If you're thinking of buying, or that you may be paying too much on your home loan PM me for a no obligation chat!

Comment

There was a guy on SAU who was doing a full strip down and rebuild of one... First dibs :D

Comment

RZ Supra
                  I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

There is a mint looking 86 Levin on ns for sale at the moment. That would probably be worth buying to keep as an investment. Look at what 240zs fetch now! I wonder if the current line up of GT Falcons or the modern Monaro will ever be hailed as rare collectors items in the future.

R31 GTS-R and DR30s will be worth lots of coin one day too I think. I was offered a genuine GTS-R about 5-6 years ago but couldn't afford it

Hopefully my z20 Soarer will be a classic one day. They just seem to be slipping more and more in value in Australia at the moment though

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                      Some are ..... therefore they fetch a good price.
                      But fair comment...... some are upside down :D
                      yeah lol remember that Morgs guys one that... oh.

Comment

all of the above.

RX7's, SS/calais bombadores, XR falcons and fairmont ghias, also the last of the fairlane/LTD's.

maybe RS liberties, ST205/185 celicas, evo's etc.

anyone done a price check on VB SLE's lately. i predict VN calais being mega collectable!

oh and hyundai excels
                        Originally posted by Rdyno
                        70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                        Originally posted by Tripper
                        Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

fair call on the 86, but you are probably 10 to 15 years away (once the drift kiddies are old enuf to have their mid-life crisis)

not so sure about the xr6T (they made a metric fuckload of them, even though they are a top thing, I don't know if they'll get rare enuf) A nice clean standard(ish) car should always be popular and worth a good amount (as per the vl turbo)
                          Jason, 1983 GTV6 2.8, 1974 2000GTV Group Nc

Comment

i think the only ones to be worth something with be VERY original condition cars

even a stock VL Calais with everything as it left the factory will be worth something decent
                            Originally posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
                            ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

Comment

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...php?t=67239942

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...php?t=67234987

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...php?t=67212330

Comment

Working...
                              X