No announcement yet.

Possible future classics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Backmarker I think you're right, it's just that those rates have primarily gone in a downwards direction for the last ~15 years.
    A lot of mortgage-holders probably haven't experienced double-digit home-loan interest rates.
    Although it seems different people have different ideas of a bubble "bursting", I think it's dropping to like 10% of value, others seem to think losing 10% off the top is a bubble-explosion.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 17-07-21, 02:24 PM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Backmarker View Post
      The bubble bursting (if it does) will probably have more to do with interest rates going up than anything else. Spending your mortgage offset on a Blue Meanie is less attractive when your interest payments have tripled. If everyone rushes to get out of the market, it could get ugly.*

*I said this about the housing market for about 15 years, and was wrong every year, so...who knows?
      Don't think so.. most people who buy these sort of things will probably pay with cash.. Many people would have already made a lot of $ from housing equity in the housing bubble that was going to crash...also, many in that demographic will also have purchased something else that will be worth a good amount of dollar, so can sell to buy whatever they wanted way back when.

Guys still go nuts after old Trimuph Stags and things, and have done pre-Covid, even though you have to be weird in the beard. VLT's same.. it's just magnified a bit but I don't think will drop massively.

Let's face it, boomers probably aren't going to bother travelling internationally ever again, money will stay here.
      Last edited by fury; 19-07-21, 09:13 AM.
      RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Originally posted by BreaksMyWallet View Post
        Small-grill Audi's should be getting close to the end of their P-plater period. Given that big grille look of the later models is ubiquitous these days, maybe there's some appeal there.

Mmmmmmm.... (something something timing chain)
        https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-7220652/?Cr=3
        Owning an 01 audi, be prepared to replace every plastic item in the engine bay
        302 Ford Windsor Technical Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fury View Post
          Don't think so.. most people who buy these sort of things will probably pay with cash..
          I think he's right about where that cash is most likely to come from - the offset-account.
          And IMHO the fact that such a large proportion of Strayans live in the capital cities, and house prices are high in said cities, there's a solid chance that a good proportion of people buying toy cars still have mortgages.
          It therefore must affect what people are considering doing with that money in the case of interest-rates going up.
          Last edited by Captiva Fan; 19-07-21, 09:06 AM.
          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

At the start of the pandemic, alot of banks automatically dropped the mortgage repayments to the minimum amount.
            ​​​​​​

Comment

bonus spending money!
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Working...
              X