No announcement yet.

FT-86 to be named FR-S...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hardly a surprising time though, the quickest street 86's have been in the 9's at Wakefield with just suspension, exhaust, tuning and tyres for a couple of years. People massively underestimate how good the base balance and handling of the car is. Big stock it will consistently beat cars like the GTI around a track while giving away power, loads of torque and a chunk of grip. Put a bit more grip into it (ie decent street but not semi slick tyres and some $50 camber bolts) and you'll take 2 seconds off the standard Wakefield time. Put more grip in (better tyres and decent coil overs) and you'll take another two seconds.

I've always said that on Sydney back roads like old pac and nasho once I put in the coil overs, decent alignment and mid level street tyres (pilot sport 3's) there is no difference in the speed I drive the 86 compared to how quick I used to drive the goblin until the road opens up and the power difference really comes into play. And let me say that there weren't many people here who could keep within shouting distance of the goblin.

Comment

The goblin was a lovely sunday drive.

Speaking of aftermarket header, is there an EL setup that doesn't sound like aids for these things? I disintegrated the cat in the OEM header so there is now a large empty chamber where it used to be. Was enough to throw codes (disabled) and mess with the tune. Figure if I have to fix up the tune, should replace it with something aftermarket at the same time and get a few more kw to make up for the gay sound it has now.

Comment

6Boost. Seriously, awesome set of headers. Kyle made a set for my brother and when Tony(coyote) tuned it he was very impressed with the top end power. He said with E85 it would legitimately be the most powerful N/A 86 tuned to date. Still has the torque dip, but it did lessen it somewhat, but made heaps more power up top. Maybe give him a call if you're interested.

Comment

What sort of Torque are you guys getting out of these NA on Ethanol and what sort of torque figures with common turbos/boost?

ie GT28RS + 20psi = 240kw & 380nm or GTX3076 + 20 psi = 260kw & 480nm...???

Is there some hero car in Australia with the "most power"? StreetFX?
          '10 Forester Diesel 6Spd - Slow and sensible
          '93 SWB Pajero - Slow but scary
          '89 MX5 B6-T - Scary not slow

Comment

Never thought the sound was gay with the HKS no-cat EL headers i had - this is with a standard exhaust though. It improved the sound imo
            Originally posted by Jim
            I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
            What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Coyote would be the man to speak to rorge. He tunes heaps of the things.

Comment

Originally posted by rorge View Post
                What sort of Torque are you guys getting out of these NA on Ethanol and what sort of torque figures with common turbos/boost?

ie GT28RS + 20psi = 240kw & 380nm or GTX3076 + 20 psi = 260kw & 480nm...???

Is there some hero car in Australia with the "most power"? StreetFX?
                Ask Dale for a Dyno print out of mine.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dyno.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	6594379

That's mine on E85. SME 4-1 EL headers, plus the rest of the exhaust is SME. Perrin 3" intake.

Comment

I've spoken to Tony a bit, I'm just seeing what other figures are showing up nationally as the averages.

Cptn Krmt - That chart looks sweet! So a stocker is prob around 20% less torque?
                    '10 Forester Diesel 6Spd - Slow and sensible
                    '93 SWB Pajero - Slow but scary
                    '89 MX5 B6-T - Scary not slow

Comment

Torque I can't remember very well, but standard manual cars were around the 105 to 112 mark for peak power on the same dyno same day. That chart is from a dyno day last February, there were about 25 86s there. I'll jump on the Facebook page and ask other cunts on there for their sheets.

Comment

No mention of the 86 one make series to support the V8 supercars next year?
                        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

No
                          Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                          I <3 Hamster

Comment

Originally posted by Bren View Post
                            6Boost. Seriously, awesome set of headers. Kyle made a set for my brother and when Tony(coyote) tuned it he was very impressed with the top end power.
                            Guessing that was a custom one off job?

Originally posted by perthdrivers.jpg View Post
                            Never thought the sound was gay with the HKS no-cat EL headers i had - this is with a standard exhaust though. It improved the sound imo
                            Spoke to a mate last night who is pulling his HKS EL's out for a turbo kit (pretty sure catted ones) so we're gonna fit those to mine and see what it's like. He has some fart can cat back so hard to say which part sounds aids to me. Only one way to find out.

RE E85 tunes, this is mine. The stock run was another car but close enough. Had aftermarket exhaust overpipe back (2.5" I think)

Name:	stock_vs_e85.jpg
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	6594389

Comment

Name:	stockdyno.jpg
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	6594390

There's a stock one for you rorge.

Comment

The stock one goes all the way to the top of the graph, yours only goes 80% of the way up - you've been gypped!
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X