FT-86 to be named FR-S...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    Is that the one with the stickier tyres also?

I initially thought I'd upgrade the tyres on mine when the time came, but now it seems like a bad idea. It's fun partly because it moves around a little bit on command. Would it be as much fun if it was just a slowish car with really good handling and high grip?
    I've always had sticky tyres on mine. First RE070s and now Kumho v700s. V700s are a big step up from RE070s

Comment

Is it as much fun that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
        Is it as much fun that way?
        It is when you have enough power to overcome 80 treadwear semi slicks (V700) Question now is do I strip it and put on some coilovers?

Comment

Have been watching the market for 2nd hand 86's for a while now. Some 2013 GT models available for around $15k-$17k with <100k km's.
          Once we get one I imagine it'll stay stock for a bit and then once my son or daughter get into cars (it will probably be my daughter!) we'll start to mod it together.

My plan is to keep it forever and give it to the kids when they are old enough.
          I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

"Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

I liked my Wedssport TC105n.

Light, not too expensive and look good in 17 inch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1079.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	6615062

Comment

Nice! What size were you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

17x8.0 +42. They come in 9 inch too.

Comment

Ive got these. South African made TSW. Strong and reasonably light. Good nick and priced to sell $400. They are 18s but same same as 17s really, just less tyre so less weight 👍 8 inch +40s I think

GT8
                    1UZ Celica
                    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                      Have been watching the market for 2nd hand 86's for a while now. Some 2013 GT models available for around $15k-$17k with <100k km's.
                      Once we get one I imagine it'll stay stock for a bit and then once my son or daughter get into cars (it will probably be my daughter!) we'll start to mod it together.

My plan is to keep it forever and give it to the kids when they are old enough.
                      Did you end up picking one up? Seems to be a lot of car for the money. Looking for a new runabout.

Except I have nfi about them such as the differences between GT vs GTS as the model lifecycle evolved up to and including facelift.
                      '13 GTs don't have LSDs? Why would it be the pick? What's the pick for 99% daily with a little track capability such as wet or shit weather/backup car?

Comment

The only one that didn't have a lsd was the automatic GT model. I had a manual 13 GT and it had a lsd.

GTS had faux leather seats, hid headlights, fancier sound system, slightly bigger brakes, 17inch wheels, push button start and a couple of other bits and pieces over the GT.

FWIW I sold my stock GT with about 30k km on it for $18k. Didn't want to muck around for months dealing with P platers, so priced it low and it sold quickly and easily.

Comment

Comment

I see a lot of people driving to and fro from work and the all look pretty miserable. Mainly middle aged women. Perhaps the fond memories of the Celica they had when younger influenced their purchasing decision? Now we have all been spoiled on easily accessible low down torque for effortless driving, I think they are all slightly miffed they have to rev their cars out to keep up with diesel Golfs at the lights and are counting the days until the lease is up due to the NVH levels.

Comment

Oh, yeah. GTS is worth the extra.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
                                I see a lot of people driving to and fro from work and the all look pretty miserable. Mainly middle aged women. Perhaps the fond memories of the Celica they had when younger influenced their purchasing decision? Now we have all been spoiled on easily accessible low down torque for effortless driving, I think they are all slightly miffed they have to rev their cars out to keep up with diesel Golfs at the lights and are counting the days until the lease is up due to the NVH levels.

Something N/A would be less likely to make me time poor - I hope.
                                Have been thinking of R33 GTS-T/S15 which are too fucked or old, need regular and constant attention, and I'd end up with 2 of the same car: RWD + boosts. The other end of the spectrum like a shitbox i30/Mazda2 seem overpriced for what they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X