FT-86 to be named FR-S...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reax View Post
    People were frothing over the Toyota version, clearly a render of a smaller Supra.
    Looks great until you get to the front end and like the supra it's blurgh, that nose.

Comment

I quite like that new BRZ version. Interior design is miles better than the original, still looks like a sea of hard plastic though. The extra torque thousands of revs earlier will be a great improvement.

The problem with these nowadays is the GR Yaris exists, and from all reports has the RWD feeling, is faster, and will be better built being a real Toyota.

Comment

Not sure the new car moves the game on much. If you didnt really want one already, then the new one aint gonna sway you. Can't see the existing first gen car suddenly becoming less desirable as a result of what we know about the new one so far.

Then again, 30 years of MX-5 have shown you can make a good thing and stay with it and have it appeal to enough punters.

Comment

I think the difference in torque will make the new one such a better car to drive. They have addressed the one issue people always had with the original. It makes sense without ruining the formula.

Comment

same same but different

Comment

After a few days, the more I look at the new one, the less I’m into it. And that interior is a bit blocky and upright for a sports car; looks like it should be in an FJ Cruiser remake.

Comment

I can hardly see Toyota doing different metalwork/doorskins to the BRZ. Surely the cost saving of platform sharing means only changing plastics (which still lets them make the nose look like a badly tucked tranny.
                ---
                Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

I like it... will be interesting to see what people get out of it with a turbo add-on
                  RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

The silver is such a shit colour, it really highlights how the rear arches are mismatched from the fronts. Needs more pronounced crease in the rear arches to my eyes. Having said that it is growing on me.
                    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                      I can hardly see Toyota doing different metalwork/doorskins to the BRZ. Surely the cost saving of platform sharing means only changing plastics (which still lets them make the nose look like a badly tucked tranny.
                      The only metal part I could possibly see Toyota changing would be that front guard, just because it's relatively small and to my eyes the treatment with the flat wheelarch surface and tall vertical vent is a very Subaru look. But even that's unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Reax View Post
                        People were frothing over the Toyota version, clearly a render of a smaller Supra.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toyota-GR86.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	7200341
                        Also the Supra is more or less the same size as the 86/BRZ so it can't be a 'smaller' Supra otherwise it would look the same.

Comment

They are surprisingly small in the flesh.
                          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
                            The silver is such a shit colour, it really highlights how the rear arches are mismatched from the fronts. Needs more pronounced crease in the rear arches to my eyes. Having said that it is growing on me.
                            if you reckon the silver looks shit, there is one at the local yard that's in a matte grey, and fuck it is terrible.
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Has the Toyota version debuted yet?

Comment

I don't think they are releasing any of these until mid 2021 anyway...so no, not yet.

I think Subaru went in early for the reveal, just because they don't anything else of excitement going on
                                RIP Simon - Ghost ride that whip in the clouds forever..

Comment

Working...
                                X