Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 GTR on top gear test track

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    you know the same words were expressed when the original r32 gtr was released in 1990( in aus). stuff like it has no character compared to the italian and german machines of the day was the general feeling expressed by journo's back then.
    personally, i'd be happy to sit passenger in a r35 gtr at full noise! my best aural experince was as a passenger in a 1989 ferrari testarossa that had been imported under the old grey import scheme from japan. man the noise those things make is incredible. flat 12 right behind the front seats sounds like nothing else you could imagine. probably one of ferrari's slower vehicles, but definately felt special!
    www.hackettsdiscounttyres.com.au for the best prices on the biggest brands!!

    Comment


      Originally posted by XXX19X View Post
      All you cunts on 150k a year, wheres all your R35 GTRs?, you lot seem to love the godzilla, pony up cunts.
      Cars were fun up until the point where the depreciation was the same as buying 2 new litre bikes each year. I love my cars.....but i love my bikes more.

      Owning a money pit FTL :wayned:

      Other people owning money pits and living your life through them FTW

      Comment


        Originally posted by Speedah View Post
        There are 2 guys doing 1.00 with slicks around Wakefield...(and 1.37s around EC).
        .... and that's faster than my racing car.
        Fark!

        Comment


          Geeze that's quick. Zonda F quick. Mind I suspect the Zonda by all accounts is a better drivers car (whatever that means). I guess we need to see what the new Pagani Hyuara can do round the top gear test track in response :-)

          B
          When too much horsepower is barely enough

          Comment


            LOL the zonda is 5 times the price!
            Originally posted by brasher
            TJ is 99% African American.

            Comment


              Originally posted by TJ View Post
              LOL the zonda is 5 times the price!
              And probably worth it, looks, exclusiveness, speed, fit and finish, noise. All make it worth the $$ even if the datsun is just as quick around the top gear track.

              B
              When too much horsepower is barely enough

              Comment


                Originally posted by biteme View Post
                And probably worth it, looks, exclusiveness, speed, fit and finish, noise. All make it worth the $$ even if the datsun is just as quick around the top gear track.

                B
                The datto is the best end of story, otherwise your a fkn racist cunt.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by beeraddd View Post
                  you know the same words were expressed when the original r32 gtr was released in 1990( in aus). stuff like it has no character compared to the italian and german machines of the day was the general feeling expressed by journo's back then.
                  personally, i'd be happy to sit passenger in a r35 gtr at full noise! my best aural experince was as a passenger in a 1989 ferrari testarossa that had been imported under the old grey import scheme from japan. man the noise those things make is incredible. flat 12 right behind the front seats sounds like nothing else you could imagine. probably one of ferrari's slower vehicles, but definately felt special!
                  funny you should say that. A mate had the same normal journo uninvolving drive etc of the r35 gtr. I asked him why? what didn't you like about it etc not just the typical blanket response you hear.

                  When it came down to it there was 2 things he hated about it. 1 the seats hugged too much and where just uncomfortable. My opinion he is soft, but hey he is entitled to it.

                  The other was the noise and drama. he compared it to a 458 he has also driven, and said the 458 even when driving slow sounds great in turn exciting you and making the whole drive just well better.


                  I have not driven a 35gtr and will make up my mind when I drive one. I will say I prefer the way the cayman s drives over an 911(996) turbo......but wont make assumptions on the r35 until I have driven it.
                  Originally posted by Babalouie
                  Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Billzilla View Post
                    .... and that's faster than my racing car.
                    Fark!
                    Would you trade the racing car for one of these though?
                    .

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                      Anyone know what an 09 GT-R does around WP?
                      I know some slightly modified ones on Hoosier DOTs are getting down to the 1min flat mark in the NSW SuperSprint series.
                      Whoops, slow to the punch.
                      You can find some Youtube clips inside one of these cars around WP. It's very quick, yet looks easy to do it. To be honest, it almost looks like cheating.
                      http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...lenge-accepted

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 333pg333 View Post
                        I know some slightly modified ones on Hoosier DOTs are getting down to the 1min flat mark in the NSW SuperSprint series.
                        Whoops, slow to the punch.
                        You can find some Youtube clips inside one of these cars around WP. It's very quick, yet looks easy to do it. To be honest, it almost looks like cheating.
                        That's my R35 that has done 60.8s around WP. We actually use Michelin slicks (2nd hand most of the time, from the GT series boys). I seriously doubt any 1700+kg road car has gone faster around WP.. yet. But anyway take a look at any in-car from qualifying laps in say V8SC, F1 or hell even top gear test track vids... There's no arms and elbows flying around, no sliding around etc.. Yes, it all appears un-fussed and "easy" but it took me 2000+ laps (maybe 3000) in various cars around WP to achieve that lap time. A huge amount a practice, expense and time really. But SERIOUSLY fun too. I would recommend it!

                        Comment


                          35R, don't bring your reality here, this is the home of The More You Pay The Cooler It Is school :D
                          Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

                          Comment


                            Is 35R your plates? See it driving round the CBD every now and then.
                            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

                            "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                            (TM - AVENGE)

                            "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 260DET View Post
                              35R, don't bring your reality here, this is the home of The More You Pay The Cooler It Is school :D
                              Stop being a fuckwit.
                              Originally posted by klampykixx
                              as an example, an elephant pushes over a tree to eat the fresh leaves at the top, but a human isnt allowed to build a machine that makes a car so he can drive around to places quicker?

                              Comment


                                A mate of mine is in the final stages of building this for time attack. Being built by Mercury Motorsport in Brisbane. I think he has a money tree.





























                                The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X