2011 GTR on top gear test track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit: 2nd page fail.

I though that you could get the early launch conrtol reprogrammed to the current spec so you could use it ok? (just not 11ty billion times in a row)
    this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by T0nyGTSt View Post
      that's fine

come back when those modded cars appear on the board... and have a warranty.... kthxbye
      Wasn't there big issues in the past with with Nissan refusing warranty claims over broken gearboxes due to the number of times the launch control had been activated by the owner?
      Can I wear the Scream mask? The mask from Scream... when I do you from behind...

Comment

Imagine how much faster it'd be if it only weighed 1500kg. It's a bloody impressive engineering achievement, whether you like the car or not. It seems that the GTR's trump card is that it uses its power and grip more efficiently than anything else. It's an amazing car, but its not one I could fall in love with.
        Originally posted by klampykixx
        as an example, an elephant pushes over a tree to eat the fresh leaves at the top, but a human isnt allowed to build a machine that makes a car so he can drive around to places quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
          Depends - do you pay Nissan crackpipe prices or realise the aftermarket world can supply anything needed for a fraction of the price?
          Surely any bits for DSG/ENGINE would cost a fuckload no matter where you bought it from?
          Originally posted by Jack Nicholson
          Just when you think you've seen all the retardation humanity has to offer.....

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
            How heavily modified would a current Sti or Evo need to be to roll off 100 in 3.0?

Wouldnt be a simple boost increase and zorst.
            in the UK the evo FQ400's are apparently 3.5 0-100, come with warranty etc.

fuckin owie
            The 2011 Model Year R35 will go on sale in Australia in March priced from $168,800 plus on-road costs.
            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter... View Post
              Imagine how much faster it'd be if it only weighed 1500kg. It's a bloody impressive engineering achievement, whether you like the car or not. It seems that the GTR's trump card is that it uses its power and grip more efficiently than anything else. It's an amazing car, but its not one I could fall in love with.
              This. It's an undoubtably excellent machine, and for the money is as quick as any Supercar (or near enough) currently available.

However, if I was going to drop that much cash on a car (and I won't ever be able to afford so hypothetically only) it has to tick more boxes than just being stupidly fast, and for mine a major cross is how they sound. Personally I'd prefer an earlier 34 with a spastic RB. Sure it may be slower round a track, but I prefer how they look, and fucking love the sound of an off tap stupidly boosted RB. I would also own, and daily drive, an Ascari; common sense be fucked!

It's simply a personal choice. I'm going to the shops in my VT wagon now. It's not a choice, it's a necessity
              Originally posted by thecrackfox
              I wanna put you in a dress and hurt you...

Comment

It's an amazing car, but its not one I could fall in love with.
                That's been the case with all Skylines tho since the R32. Sure it's faster, but would you rather have a Ferrari or Porsche if given the choice? Sure you would.
                Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

The nissans biggest problem is that it hasn't got a cool badge.
                  In Vino Veritas

Comment

seriously though - imagine if they WERE 100k in aus... how many more would they sell!

thought though - doesn't it come stock with 'R' spec tyres?

top gear also make a valid point - launch control at the lights.. you would want to be pretty sure the race is on..
                    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by devo View Post
                      Plus it's ugly, heavy and apparently not particularly involving to drive. But hey they are only minor points when buying $160K car. It's not all badge snobbery.
                      The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by devo View Post
                        Nah - its not just that, for me at least. It's the fact that it has the wrong engine. It's the fact that its computer wizardry keeping the whole shebang from disappearing backwards in a fireball off the track. It's the fact that it looks weird (it just does). It's the fact that its 4WD (yes yes I know I own a 4WD car).

It's so much more amazing than a regular supercar, and yet so much less attractive to the primitive part of my man brain that wants to wrestle the beast into submission like with an old school Ferrari or even something like a ZR1.
                        Originally posted by klampykixx
                        as an example, an elephant pushes over a tree to eat the fresh leaves at the top, but a human isnt allowed to build a machine that makes a car so he can drive around to places quicker?

Comment

Id be interested to know where all the weight is in the car (given it already has alum. bonnet, doors, boot) and what scope there is for lightening without stripping the interior

[edit] blimey http://exchange.goo-net.com/catalog/..._GTR/10065564/

Originally posted by Jim
                          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
                          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                            Plus it's ugly, heavy and apparently not particularly involving to drive. But hey they are only minor points when buying $160K car. It's not all badge snobbery.
                            If it had a eurosnob badge they could add 100k to the price and there would be a 12 month waiting list.
                            In Vino Veritas

Comment

No there wouldn't.
                              The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Nah - its not just that, for me at least. It's the fact that it has the wrong engine. It's the fact that its computer wizardry keeping the whole shebang from disappearing backwards in a fireball off the track. It's the fact that it looks weird (it just does). It's the fact that its 4WD (yes yes I know I own a 4WD car).

It's so much more amazing than a regular supercar, and yet so much less attractive to the primitive part of my man brain that wants to wrestle the beast into submission like with an old school Ferrari or even something like a ZR1.
                                better sell the evo and get a monaro on cross ply tyres and fit some drum brakes.
                                In Vino Veritas

Comment

Working...
                                X