No announcement yet.

2011 GTR on top gear test track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people who would turn down a go in a GTR are the same ones who would say "sorry Miranda Kerr but I have to say no as I just can't disrespect myself by having a one night stand featuring you, me, a bag of vegies and a 2ltr bottle of Astro Glide".
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by devo View Post
      better sell the evo and get a monaro on cross ply tyres and fit some drum brakes.
      Evo is fast, CHEAP, and practical. We are talking "fit for purpose" not dream car stuff. The GTR is in the realm of dream car, for me at least. And it just isn't something I'd lust after.
      Originally posted by klampykixx
      as an example, an elephant pushes over a tree to eat the fresh leaves at the top, but a human isnt allowed to build a machine that makes a car so he can drive around to places quicker?

Comment

yet ugly, generally slagged off cunts of things like a panamera or cayenne continue to sell well. must be all those young couples buying one to cart the kids around.
        In Vino Veritas

Comment

Originally posted by psssi98 View Post
          The people who would turn down a go in a GTR are the same ones who would say "sorry Miranda Kerr but I have to say no as I just can't disrespect myself by having a one night stand featuring you, me, a bag of vegies and a 2ltr bottle of Astro Glide".
          Not sure who you are talking to, but I'm certainly not saying I'd turn a drive down. Hell I'll drive just about anything......except a 120Y The prospect just doesn't excite me like someone tossing me the keys to a GT3 or 358 Italia.
          The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by devo View Post
            yet ugly, generally slagged off cunts of things like a panamera or cayenne continue to sell well. must be all those young couples buying one to cart the kids around.
            Those cars are just for women who wish they were born with a penis.
            Originally posted by klampykixx
            as an example, an elephant pushes over a tree to eat the fresh leaves at the top, but a human isnt allowed to build a machine that makes a car so he can drive around to places quicker?

Comment

I'm thinking of buying a gtr once my lease finishes on the c63, how ever I want to know more about the 100,000km engine rebuild required. How much does it cost, what will happen if it's not done? I believe there will be a shitload of these forsale when they reach the 80k mark

H

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
                I'm thinking of buying a gtr once my lease finishes on the c63, how ever I want to know more about the 100,000km engine rebuild required. How much does it cost, what will happen if it's not done? I believe there will be a shitload of these forsale when they reach the 80k mark

H
                IIRC that thing about the plasma coated liners needing a rebuild every 100k was BS.
                Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
                  IIRC that thing about the plasma coated liners needing a rebuild every 100k was BS.
                  are you sure? if my memory serves me correct (which half the time it doesnt) in it was written in the service manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter... View Post
                    Those cars are just for women who wish they were born with a penis.
                    and their girlfriends
                    In Vino Veritas

Comment

So own up those who have not driven one yet apparently know it would not be involving to drive. And on the driver aids question, what driver aids does your preferred car have and which ones would you like to see deleted from the R35. You see I suspect there is the usual anti Jap/pro Euro bias at work here where perception rules and reality does not.

Personally I prefer a two seat sports car.
                      Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

Comment

I'd have one in a heartbeat. So many haters.

It's far cheaper, probably more reliable and quicker than nearly any euro supercar out there. The only thing I kind of wish it had was a manual option but I understand that would take away one of it's main forms of speed/trickery.

Comment

One telling thing about them is the Top Gear guys that drove it - They have driven some very damn impressive cars and yet they really seemed to be genuinely blown away by how quickly it got off the line and the cornering power.
                          They do carry on a fair bit with a lot of cars, but they did seem to be pretty real about the GTR.

Comment

Originally posted by 260DET View Post
                            So own up those who have not driven one yet apparently know it would not be involving to drive. And on the driver aids question, what driver aids does your preferred car have and which ones would you like to see deleted from the R35. You see I suspect there is the usual anti Jap/pro Euro bias at work here where perception rules and reality does not.
                            Ok I'll bite. Why do you persist with this bullshit? I reckon more people on PF have Jap cars than Euro. A lot have both. Personally it's what I like about the place.

To answer your question, does it really matter on the street? Anyone here who has driven one anywhere except a race track and has comment to make on the above would be an idiot. These, like a GT3 or anything else this quick, is rather too fast for finding the limits on modern roads.
                            The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

No hate here. It's an awesome car. If I had to pick one from the list to keep, it would be the GTR because it's probably the only one I could even remotely hope to be able to afford to keep and use regularly. If I had to pick one to drive around a track for a day it then that would be a tough choice, but it definitely wouldn't be the GTR. If I could pick one to sell then that's easy...

Comment

Fuck me there is so much misinformation on the things.

Badge snobs will hate them, the playstation generation will love them.

GSRman - FQ400 is 50k pounds in the UK - so only 10k cheaper - and I bet you finding that next half a second to 100 is worth about 10k...
                                Originally posted by brasher
                                TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Working...
                                X