'10 135i or 08 335i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'10 135i or 08 335i?

So I am looking at picking up a new car and have narrowed it down to a couple.
    Seems I can get these for similar money however the 335 will have around 50k's on it with the 135 sub 20.
    135i Pros: Engine, lighter, dct gearbox available on '10 models, new idrive, newer, less k's, still under warranty, less for sale so not as much competition come resale time.
    135i Cons: Doesn't look as good as the 335i, slightly less space inside, have to wait for right one with nav etc optioned, may have a higher depreciation hit as its still relatively new, single turbo engine not as upgradeable as the twin turbo.

335i Pros: Engine, looks shitloads better, idrive/nav stock, bigger inside, easily tuneable.
    335i Cons: Older, no warranty, heavier/slightly slower, higher K's, old idrive/nav, never seen a white 08 one, haven't driven a steptronic one so don't know if it's shit.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by psssi98
    will probably take it up the arse

What is it they say about owning modern euros out of warranty?

Comment

Don't these engines have some sort of fuel pump issue that borks the whole thing?
      Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by bahaimus View Post
        What is it they say about owning modern euros out of warranty?
        1GZTTorGTFO ?

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
        2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

335s are like dead on 1.5 ton... they are light in the scheme of things

did BMW AU do a recall of the N54/55 whatever fuel pump issues? they couldn't have just ignored it since its a big deal in the US
          Originally posted by boxxx

Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
          ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

Comment

07 m3 easy!
            MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
            F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

Golf GTI

Comment

Yeh the fuel pumps in these were replaced.
                No warranty concerns me.
                07 M3 would be ideal, however is too much coin to spend on a car at the moment.
                Golf GTI can lick my balls. I have only done 1500k's in mine since November. I'll prob hang onto it for Mrsnopix though.
                Originally posted by psssi98
                will probably take it up the arse

Comment

manual 335 anydayoftheweek

same donk, little mods will bring to and then above stock 135i, more luxo toys, more room, and 135i looks like a shoe

Comment

I know of a 07/08 335 convertible silver/auto, 50,000km that is in excellent condition for sale. What are you looking to spend?

Comment

I think Evacu8 (?) had a 335i to replace his Evo. Didn't rate it.
                      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Supercharged E46 M3?

Given that half your crew has one

Comment

the 3 series is better, they don't have electric steering like the 1 series ye?
                          the 1 series looks like it's bent in half
                          Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
                          I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

id go out of warranty purely so i wouldnt have to deal with stupidly priced dealership servicing to maintain the warranty.

But id pick the car that is most fun to drive, havent driven either so dont know.

Comment

3 series feels better built than the 1 series. From memory the 1-series coupe's are <50kg's lighter than the 3 series as well, so weight difference is fuck all really.

Not sure when the DCT 135's came out, I think it was some time in 2010?
                              2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
                              2011 Smart ForTwo

Comment

Working...
                              X