Dash Cam Recommendations?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine cost about $60 and does similar what Q's does although the GPS co-ords is a little out on mine. pics are ok though.

Stupid AJ fuckhead decided to pull into my braking zone. Shoulda rammed him.

'15 Ford UA Everest Trend
    '13 Husqvarna TE511

Growing old is mandatory... Growing up is optional

Comment

I have been playing with the Blackvue jobbie that will be the subject of the group buy...

here are my thoughts....

It's pretty good, the GPS is spot on acurate,
      As Bill mentioned, the start up time is a little slow (from power off to record is about 30-35sec on average)
      the power lead is about 3 times as long as it needs to be - I guess it's so you can run it around the edge of the screen and back down to the cigarette socket, it's huuuge.
      Image quality seems pretty good, I only have a GoPro Hero2 to compare it to and they are pretty similar.
      The software is easy to use and has some cool features and settings that can come in handy,
      You can specify how big you want each file to be (1, 2 or 3 minutes) (3 minutes on the second highest quality is about 109Mb per file)
      The mounting system is pretty sturdy and the actual camera can be easily removed from the holder so you don;t have to leave it in the car..
      As I am just borrowing this unit, I have used high strength velco to hold it to the screen, so there is a little bit of movement, but the factory adhesive strips won't have this problem I am sure.
      You can buy extra mounts for it so it can be moved between vehicles (under $30)
      It doesn't appear to have an inbuilt battery, so when you turn the car off (or pull the ciggie plug out) it shuts down in about 5-10 sec... If you want it to record in Parking mode (ie, if someone hits the car) then you need to buy the optional Black-box power-supply and hardwire it to your car.. certainly handy if you want to utilise the parking feature that measures hits and bumps etc..

I'll post some more after the weekend trip...

Comment

What ever happened to the group buy?

Comment

Q bought em all, found it easier to attach them to everyone else to record when they crash in to him

bought some finevu pro HD's, they're decent, but IMHO too much of a fisheye lense... cant really read numberplaats

Comment

Blackvue HD 400G on 720p 30fps. going to bump it up to 1080p.

Having trouble getting parking mode to work properly on it

and i didnt hit him, was freaking close though.

Comment

^^^
              Fark. Close call.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
                ^^^
                Fark. Close call.
                Erp, very!

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
                  Mine cost about $60 and does similar what Q's does although the GPS co-ords is a little out on mine. pics are ok though.

Stupid AJ fuckhead decided to pull into my braking zone. Shoulda rammed him.

Copy that + look where the Ipad /sat nav or whatever is mounted .It should not impair/block out any forward vision. FWIW the recommended position is as low as possible in right hand corner of screen.

Comment

Thread revival!

What is the current hotness now 3 years later?
                    BMW M140i daily. Honda Odyssey family car.

Wakefield 1.07.386 (FG Falcon - Street Tyres 1.08.8) Marulan Short FG Falcon 43.4 SMP GP FG Falcon 1.48.1 Winton FG Falcon 1.35.4

Comment

The Street Guardian SG9665GC seems to do the job okay for me, although I don't look at its vids too often and it probably could do with the filter they sell to get rid of dashboard reflections. And it's got a low profile when mounted which I reckon is a good thing.

Comment

anyone know what the wireless one Marty used in MCM was?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          The Street Guardian SG9665GC seems to do the job okay for me, although I don't look at its vids too often and it probably could do with the filter they sell to get rid of dashboard reflections. And it's got a low profile when mounted which I reckon is a good thing.
                          It's a very good cam

They are up to a V3 now

It comes with the filter

I have 4 dash cams

I like my gadgets and so far for my car the 9665 is the best I've come across

And I've had blackvue and itronics a mini 0805 and another street guardian

Comment

I have this one: https://www.groupon.com.au/deals/gro...oods-331271-48

Family in law got it for me last month for my birthday. Nothing special as far as dash cams go but it paid for itself 2 weeks ago when some cunt in an X5 decided to clip the front driver's site corner and drive off when I wasn't around.

Comment

Heads-up on micro-sd cards - Avoid using Sandisk! They have some kind of low-level error detection that fucks up anything that streams data to them (such as Dashcams). Found this out the hard way with two completely different cams that would not write consistently and sometimes not at all using their cards.
                              This is a known issue whihc you will find on various cam forums

Change to no-name/other brand cards = no more problems...

Originally posted by Jim
                              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                              Originally posted by elfturbomax
                              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                              1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Yeah, I've been using pretty much only Samsung micro-SD cards these days (including in the dash cam) and haven't had any of them fail yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X