No announcement yet.

Dash Cam Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any new hotness here? is the thinkware still worth a look?
    www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post
      any new hotness here? is the thinkware still worth a look?
      Have a U1000, picture quality is great, connects to my phone with WiFi or hotspot so already ahead of the Blackvue DR650 in my other car. Can't comment on cloud features except to say that when I try to sign up for a Thinkware account it says "sending verification email" and it doesn't fucking do it. I'm going to be spending the day dicking around with the car tomorrow so this has prompted me to have another go at sorting that out.

Using the Thinkware app on my (android) phone all features work fine although the camera is constantly warning me of "mobile speed camera zone" and I don't want that and the option to turn it off hasn't worked. I'm fine with warnings for fixed speed/red light cameras but EVERYFUCKINGWHERE is a mobile speed camera zone because they're FUCKING MOBILE. So I hear "mobile speed camera zone" in a robot voice 4 times on my 15 minute drive to work.

But like I said, it's way ahead of the admittedly ~7 year old Blackvue which never had an even remotely accurate time stamp, which it got from GPS and wouldn't let you adjust so basically go fuck yourself and the android software also basically consisted of go fuck yourself. Any time I wanted footage from that camera I had to throw the card in my PC, at which point the Windows software also told me to go fuck myself and I was left to use Explorer to trawl through minute long clips trying to find the bit I wanted. Still sour enough over that I specifically looked for alternatives to Blackvue this time around. Picture quality on the Blackvue was quite good for the time so once I had gone through the arse ache of finding the half dozen clips I wanted over the course of the last 7 years the footage was great. I think it would still be considered quite good today.

Comment

awesome thanks bloke
        www.holditflat.com

Comment

That rant last night prompted me to have a crack at setting up the thinkware cloud shit again and embarrassingly the verification email was going to spam so turns out I'm the spud at fault. Will have a play and see what functionality the cloud stuff gives

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kermit View Post
            That rant last night prompted me to have a crack at setting up the thinkware cloud shit again and embarrassingly the verification email was going to spam so turns out I'm the spud at fault. Will have a play and see what functionality the cloud stuff gives
            nice to know, the camera alert stuff sounds annoying and i use waze for that, but the model im looking at needs the GPS aerial to turn it on so i might just not use gps.
            www.holditflat.com

Comment

Working...
            X