New speed cameras on the Monash Fwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New speed cameras on the Monash Fwy

I noticed a new setup being installed on the Monash Freeway this morning, around Glen Iris, close to where the speed limit changes from 100 to 80.

Its not your usual speed camera though, it looks to be some mega money machine which has at least one camera per lane, for both inbound and outbound traffic.

That's about all I can find relating to the cameras, and comes no where close to describing what they are actually installing.

Lets all hope that the new cameras combat the disturbing downward trend in fines being issued.

great, so now people will be jumping on the brakes there when the traffic is flowing freely, and fucking the traffic flow.

Just what that freeway needs. I don't miss using it every day AT ALL.

Comment

Sweet its right near the section which is 80kmh for no reason.

Comment

itll be raking in mega bucks given no one ever does 80kph through there (when its actually possible to get anywhere near posted speed on that cunt of a road)

Comment

I always feel like a cunt doing 80 in that area because everyone else stays at 100.

So many fines to happen in the next few weeks.
          Maverick - gone
          Turbo AU Ute

Comment

Speed camera location selection based on potential revenue rather than safety. Shocking

Comment

How long till you blokes start using number plate flippers?
              2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
              2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
              I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Thank God, the Monash is a bloodbath at the moment. These cameras will fix everything.

Italics needed?
                Originally posted by ahabthearab
                If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                  How long till you blokes start using number plate flippers?
                  Is on the cards :D

Comment

Originally posted by chomper View Post
                    Is on the cards :D
                    Where to buy them?

Comment

Originally posted by greenhj View Post
                      itll be raking in mega bucks given no one ever does 80kph through there (when its actually possible to get anywhere near posted speed on that cunt of a road)
                      I noticed that when going to Phillip Island, WTF I thought, 80k limit and no one has slowed down
                      Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Arthur View Post
                        I noticed that when going to Phillip Island, WTF I thought, 80k limit and no one has slowed down
                        Peak hour during the week no one does, depending where I'm working I frequent the Monash 500 and get to work incredibly quick. In saying that Saturday mornings the cunt of a road is plagued with unmarked cops so take it easy.
                        Originally posted by Faux Forg
                        I agree with Rdyno

Comment

The Ring Road speed signs don't appear to allow 3 digits, so post-roadworks (in 2173 or whenever) I have a feeling it will cop the Vicroads Special™ of 80 km/h limit and speed cameras galore. Widen road, make it safer with a better surface, then drop the limit 20 km/h. Its a fucking joke
                          Originally posted by ahabthearab
                          If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

Comment

Originally posted by Billzilla View Post
                            Where to buy them?
                            Found one ....

http://www.radardetectors.com.au/plateprotectors.html

You'd have to be able to knock up something a bit cheaper though, with a spring and solenoid .... ?

Comment

Here's the genius that Victorian commuters have to deal with on a daily basis. No wonder people just give up and don't pay rego, catch an overcroweded train/tram etc.

I sent an e-mail to Vicroads a little while ago:

Quick questions:

Sunday afternoon (26/5/13 at 4pm) on Citylink heading towards the Bolte Bridge from Essendon (so heading East). What was the reason for the speed zone inside the "sound tube" to drop from 100km/hr to 60? I thought there had to be a change from 100, to 80, then to 60? Also, there was no roadworks, no congestion, no visible reason for traffic to do 60.

A few minutes later, we had to do 60 inside the entrance to the Burnley tunnel. Why is this nearly always signed as 60, even when, as there was today, hardly any traffic? I know that people are hopeless at merging, but when there are few cars merging from Kavanagh St, but really, 60 at 4pm on a Sunday. Seriously.
                              In peak hour, making that merging point 60 and then increasing the speed later in the tunnel actually causes congestion, it doesn't reduce it. The days when I have entered the tunnel and merged doing 80 have been brilliant! Please stop making this merging point 60 when it does not need to be.

The reply from Citylink:

Bollocks. There was no broken down truck at all. There was absolutely no need for a freeway to be signalled at 60.

Their second reply:

English. Do you speak it? Clearly Not. Do your bullshit reasons for random speed limits make sense? No. FFS.

All the more reason to fuck this country off and move somewhere else.
                              Originally posted by jmac
                              ... he may have seen one of the signs of the apocalypse - 4 horsemen, fwd transmission, pestilence etc??

Comment

Working...
                              X