Tell me about vans..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I should put this in italics, but if you can justify it for business use:http://www.ldvvans.com.au/
    Buy/lease for a couple of years then flog off and repeat. If you're gong to get raped on resale you might as well do it with a brand new, bigger, van.

Would the Kart fit in a Commodore ute with panelvan conversion?

If it's just for the kart an Elgrand or Alphard, or even a Chrysler Grand Voyager, with the seats taken out, will also do the job.

Comment

Or just buy a trailer and save youself buying a speciality vehicle for just one piece of equipment?

Comment

I drive my Vito a very long way and almost every day so I'm happy to cop the depreciation for the better drive, Luckily White Crew cabs have done much better than Luxo versions with depreciation.
        GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

Originally posted by lickmyleftone View Post
          Volkswagen Transporter Turbo Diesel Manual.

The end.
          They go well..

Turbo will blow.. And cost you $5k.

Its ok when it does it at 80thou km's in warranty, not so good at 170thou outside of warranty.

Does have better seats than the iLoad

Iload is good to be honest, mainly because youre taking price into account since its not an emotional purchase

I think Transits are shit, but ive only driven one of the huge ones.. Still drove like shit, gearstick was 1.5metres long (like the krafter) and was shit to go into 1st but it was 180thou old

Gokarts fit in a VY ute

Comment

Ken Block, he sells Vans.
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
              Or just buy a trailer and save youself buying a speciality vehicle for just one piece of equipment?
              This.

I bought a 7 x 5 box trailer new for a grand when I bought my old Rotax back in about 2008 ? Did the job perfectly, and came in handy for plenty of other things too...
              The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Van will be used at work for mechanics to get parts and for drivers to be shuttled between depots.
                Originally posted by Mr Jones
                Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Make them sit in the box trailer too ?
                  The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

They won't even sit in a truck if it's more than 5 years old...
                    Originally posted by Mr Jones
                    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post

I think Transits are shit, but ive only driven one of the huge ones.. Still drove like shit, gearstick was 1.5metres long (like the krafter) and was shit to go into 1st but it was 180thou old
                      Transits are shit, had 2 whilst running distribution at a previous job, horrid to drive in matching clutch take up point to throttle response on standing starts....you never want to have to think or concentrate on that aspect as it makes driving a chore. They also shat water pumps thru the radiator, and blew turbos (both)

They were the older versions with the long gear stick, Crafters have a stubby shifter from the dash.

dirtyrex, if other cunts are to be driving this van do not get the manual 400nm Transporter as they will be caning the ring out of it all the time, fwd but they are a really fun van with punch to drive!
                      1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE
                      2013 Opel Insignia OPC
                      2013 Kia Rio
                      2018 LDV T60

Comment

For those who advocate a trailer, it's OK if you only race locally but a PIA if you travel to other tracks and stay overnight. You can never be sure it is not going to be broken into or stolen and it happens a fair bit. A kart trailer was taken off the tow vehicle at a road house on the Hume when the owners were taking a break and never seen again.!!

Comment

Yea the Transporters go good, even the bottom spec ones with 5sp

I swear the Caddys are Golf GTi diesels with a big boot

Fuck sake, im in a van discussion again..

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyrex View Post
                            Van will be used at work for mechanics to get parts and for drivers to be shuttled between depots.
                            That rules out the Vito and Transporter then, too much $$ when the staff break them. I'd be wary of Hiaces as well for the same reason, Toyota tax is alive and well on the spare parts.

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post

I swear the Caddys are Golf GTi diesels with a big boot
                              Heres my old GTi Caddy

1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE
                              2013 Opel Insignia OPC
                              2013 Kia Rio
                              2018 LDV T60

Comment

Geez thats the limo version! Tech9 tyres have a rad one on BBS LMs hahaha

We've got a (now semi-retired) short wheelbase one at work and its pretty good, if only it kept making power after 3.5k rpm haha..

Fuck if a gokart can fit in a VY, it'll totally fit in a Caddy.. Dunno what consumables like clutches n shit cost though, probably a lot haha.. Cant remember what our ones done, maybe about 140k.. Had a warranty issue with a syncro at like 20thou, and needed cv's done recently..

Still even seeing Hundi be shit cunts with warranty, its hard to recommend something like VW over a Hundi.. Dunno how you'd commit to something like a Fiat or Renault, thats a huge call

Comment

Working...
                                X