No announcement yet.

Car Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent ages trying to get water marks out of the bonnet of my car. its 95% done and looks heaps better - can only bee seen in certain lights anyway, but enough to have annoyed me. No I just wash and coat with Bowden's products and its easy.

If I had the time and energy (and a place with perfect light) I could spend hours tyring to get the water marks out of the roof (all glass) and other panels. It becomes and obsession though.

Comment

Been meaning to give the buffer a run on one of/any of the cars and finally got the weather and excuse to do it. The paint on the Jackaroo is pretty good for a 20yr old 4X4 but it does have light bush pinstripes, a few marks here and there along with swirls on it. It came back from the roadworthy testers workshop with overspray on it, hence the excuse to run the buffer.

Used the following:

Detroit rotary polisher with lambswool pad
      Menzerna 3500 superfinish
      Bowdens liquid carnuba wax

Given i did the whole thing including washing it in under 4hours im pretty happy with the results but it needs a proper cut as there are still swirls and some light marring visible in places. I thought the 3500 would be harsh enough to get most of the light scratches out but apparently it isnt - that, or im not working on the panel long enough. Didnt put any holograms/burn marks in it so happy days.

Still will need to get a proper DA and cut it with something a bit harsher, but this will do for winter.
      1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week
      1980 Gemini Sedan
      1992 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

Comment

Cleaning carpets/upholstery, just dirt and mud from floor mats etc, my own cars so not commercial quantities.

Do I just buy something like this? https://www.harveynorman.com.au/biss...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Any other recommendations that don't break the bank?
        Originally posted by Mr Jones
        Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Comment

Didn't Supercheap just have those (or still does have them) on sale?
          Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

They do, I am sure they were cheaper a week ago though as it's $20 or so more than Harvey Normals (not everyday you'll say something is more expensive than Gerry's stuff!) but is also for cars (no idea if it's different or better or if they just wrote "Auto" on it and called it good!)

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...sel&lang=en_AU
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Yeah I was just looking at the product wondering how effective they were first. SCA is easy and close to me so I'd grab it from there.

Comment

I pay $20 extra for the same thing just so I wasn't giving money to Harvey the old cunt!
                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I used to do container deliveries for SCA - don't worry, they're cunts too.

Comment

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
                    Ive got no doubt you are right and it is way safer and better for 90% of what id be doing - i just happen to have the rotary and pads for $0, and a few shitboxes to experiment on without any concerns and or repocusions of if swirls or burn throughs. Id like to use what i have for the moment before i spend up on a DA, thats all. If it at least allows me to get an understanding of what to and not to do, then so be it

Its got a cheap backing pad on it at the moment and im wondering if thats not causing the wobbles at high speed. Does it with the machine spinning in free air and only gets worse when its on the panel
                    I think the reason why I'm saying something sucks and others aren't is because I'm guessing you guys aren't rubbing paint back before you buff. I find it frustrating how products receiving great reviews but then when I'm using it they just suck! I guess if I was just buffing to remove swirls then they may be good for that.

Guess I'm looking at it the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
                      Been meaning to give the buffer a run on one of/any of the cars and finally got the weather and excuse to do it. The paint on the Jackaroo is pretty good for a 20yr old 4X4 but it does have light bush pinstripes, a few marks here and there along with swirls on it. It came back from the roadworthy testers workshop with overspray on it, hence the excuse to run the buffer.

Used the following:

Detroit rotary polisher with lambswool pad
                      Menzerna 3500 superfinish
                      Bowdens liquid carnuba wax

Given i did the whole thing including washing it in under 4hours im pretty happy with the results but it needs a proper cut as there are still swirls and some light marring visible in places. I thought the 3500 would be harsh enough to get most of the light scratches out but apparently it isnt - that, or im not working on the panel long enough. Didnt put any holograms/burn marks in it so happy days.

Still will need to get a proper DA and cut it with something a bit harsher, but this will do for winter.
                      Nah 3500 is a swirl remover at best. I have used the FC400 thats a great product.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                        (not everyday you'll say something is more expensive than Gerry's stuff!)
                        ]
                        That used to be the case but these days I find Gerry's normally have the better list price on lots of stuff. JB which used to be cheap I find is one of the most expensive places to go shopping these days.

Comment

Well if anyone cares, that machine did a great job on my floor mats. They weren't terribly soiled or stained but after working in a muddy depot all week, they came up brand new again.

Today I'll have a crack at some sticky looking stains in nopics bmw and a mark on my porsche mats (farkin!).

Comment

Supercheap wouldn't price match :/
                            "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

Anyone used Bowden's Wet Dreams? I tried it yesterday for the first time and unsure if it was worth it.

My usual wash is Nano, dry and than Boss Gloss all over (glass and paint).

Comment

---
                                Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Working...
                                X