No announcement yet.

Car Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowdens is ordinary. Its a marketing success.
    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Meh no complaints from me but then I just used to use Meguiars quick detailer and in comparison the Boss Gloss is shitloads easier to buff off, leaves the car looking shinier and feels super slippery (admittedly my car is regularly clayed and polished so Boss Gloss won't make shit paint feel good)
      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
        Meh no complaints from me but then I just used to use Meguiars quick detailer and in comparison the Boss Gloss is shitloads easier to buff off, leaves the car looking shinier and feels super slippery (admittedly my car is regularly clayed and polished so Boss Gloss won't make shit paint feel good)
        Try P&S Beadmaker which you can get easily in Australia. Its incredible and you can get 3.8L of it on sale for around $60.

https://detailingshed.com.au/products/p-s-beadmaker
        CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
          Bowdens is ordinary. Its a marketing success.
          they've gotta fund that car collection somehow!

I miss the early days of wheely clean and red brembos

Comment

Any of you guys tried some of the Bilt Hamber products. Apparently meant to be pretty good, I've seen some decent reviews online. Only issue is importer is PPC so has the typical PPC markup.

I've ordered some of their clay, Korrosol, and Auto-foam.

Interested to see how the auto-foam goes because honestly I find the Bowdens Snow job doesn't achieve much.

Currently I use the Snow-job, Nano, and After-glow. I was using Fully slick but based off something I read i switched to Afterglow since it is meant to attract less dust etc. (anti-static effect or something) and my experience seems to indicate that is true. I tried out their new Happy Endings product on the nopics A4 but wasn't very impressed so will probably stick to the Afterglow. I was going to try out another product once my current bottle starts running low I might try the Beadmaker FLI355 mentions as I've heard plenty of good things about it.

Comment

So far I really like Bowden's. admittedly I don't have a lot to compare it to as my last few cars were washed at a car wash most of the time.

Bowden's products are easy to use and appear to last. Boss gloss or fully slick after every wash and only takes a few minutes to do the whole car. Holds it gloss, feels smooth, beads really well after the next wash.

I think they have way too many products and they overlap in their usage. I really only need nano, boss gloss and wheely clean regularly, and occasional lazy wax, clay, an possibly three way.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke352 View Post
                Any of you guys tried some of the Bilt Hamber products. Apparently meant to be pretty good, I've seen some decent reviews online. Only issue is importer is PPC so has the typical PPC markup.

I've ordered some of their clay, Korrosol, and Auto-foam.

Interested to see how the auto-foam goes because honestly I find the Bowdens Snow job doesn't achieve much.

Currently I use the Snow-job, Nano, and After-glow. I was using Fully slick but based off something I read i switched to Afterglow since it is meant to attract less dust etc. (anti-static effect or something) and my experience seems to indicate that is true. I tried out their new Happy Endings product on the nopics A4 but wasn't very impressed so will probably stick to the Afterglow. I was going to try out another product once my current bottle starts running low I might try the Beadmaker FLI355 mentions as I've heard plenty of good things about it.
                Yea, I use the Auto-wash, clay bar, the Auto foam and the Surfex HD. All fantastic products, hard to find better really. The auto foam can also be used as a pre-wash in a sprayer rather than full a snowfoam as well and it work great like that too. I actually bought a gallon of the Autofoam from ebay a while back, imported from the UK cheaper than what PPC sell it for (go figure) however I couldn't find anyone shipping the Surfex HD from the UK so bought a gallon from PPC (PPC were more expensive for a 1 litre bottle compared to 1 gallon in the UK). However, the highest dilution I use it at is typically 10% so I have barely even got through 1 litre of the neat product.

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                  Try P&S Beadmaker which you can get easily in Australia. Its incredible and you can get 3.8L of it on sale for around $60.

https://detailingshed.com.au/products/p-s-beadmaker
                  Thanks for the tip. Just ordered me some.

Comment

Originally posted by GNGBNG View Post
                    Thanks for the tip. Just ordered me some.
                    For a quick spray on detailer. It really does live up to the hype you see on Youtube.
                    Not sure about the longevity. But do let it sit overnight if you can and watch the gloss deepen.

Comment

Yep leaving it does help. I use it as a drying aid. Works awesome

Comment

Tying to find a local retailer in Brisbane, my google skills hav failed me.
                        "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

Originally posted by Reax View Post
                          Tying to find a local retailer in Brisbane, my google skills hav failed me.
                          For the P&S Beadmaker or just general car washing stuff?

If the latter, Care Care Products have a showroom in Brisbane apparently.

Comment

P&S Beadmaker

Comment

Just buy it online, postage is bloody fast

Comment

Was just the $30 postage cost .. tightarse here But ordered anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X