No announcement yet.

Car Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looking for advice from you blokes. Looking for a paint sealant, and since im a DIY lazy cunt/time poor im looking into the WOWA (wipe-on walk-away) ones. Whats the latest hotness, or are they all shite? Seen the Beadmaker mentioned above which is cheap, but if it only lasts 2 months is it worth it compared to just say getting Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish over-the-counter? Or do i just get a bottle of Opti-Seal which should last me 5 years. Or just stop being lazy, and get Bowdens Own Fully Slick which is cheap and a known thing and wipe it off?

Currently using Autoglym Polar Blast then Meguiars Gold Class to wash, 3D AAT 501 for cutting (when needed) and 3D HD Speed for an AIO polish & wax. Only applying by hand as I reckon I will stuff the paint otherwise.

Likewise for glass protection - currently using Ceriglass & 3D eraser to get rid of some nasty water spots on glass, and need something to protect the glass once done. Do I just get RainX over-the-counter or go buy some other fancy shit? Hence my thinking behind getting Opti-Seal above to do both jobs (paint sealant and glass sealant).

Lastly a dumb question - ive been using Meguiars Quik Detailer to clean any bird shit off the car during the week before I can get to wash it. Is this the right thing to do with it?

Comment

Nova jet has a spray on wipe off sealer.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Comment

I got P & S Beadmaker in the mail yesterday, so applied it to the RS bonnet. So far it looks great. Really smooth and does give a great shine and lives up to the hype so far. Will finish the car and see how it looks in direct sunlight

Comment

Had a spin on wet grass over the weekend... best way to clean off all the mud?
          I'm thinking get it as high as I can and smash underneath with high-pressure. Avoid taking undercarriage panels off. Let it dry, then take the panels off and clean each one? Surely shit has embedded itself in there./

Comment

Help with Bowdens products...

I was my car and use lazy wax. As a sealer / coating after each wash I have been using Boss Gloss. Am I beat to use;

- Boss Gloss
            - Fully Slick or
            - after glow

I only want to use one product after each wash. Thinking I should swap from boss gloss to Fully Slick.

Comment

Just buy bead maker and be done with that Bowdens stuff man.
              CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
                Just buy bead maker and be done with that Bowdens stuff man.
                Why?

Bead maker look great on a wet car but is it really protecting the paint?

I like the Bowdens gear, their range is just confusing.

Comment

I've got the fully slick and Afterglow. I think the fully slick looks a bit nicer but afterglow attracts less dust, apparently it has a bit of a anti static effect.

I'm going to give the beadmaker a try simply because the cars don't normally manage 3-4 weeks before needing a wash again so dont need a long lasting product.

The other option you could try is Soft99 Fusso coat it applies like a wax but really isnt and they claim up to 12months and most reports say 9-10 months. Apparently it can lose its gloss after a few washes but they have a spray on product you can apply to top up the gloss.

Comment

Originally posted by tipper View Post
                    Why?

Bead maker look great on a wet car but is it really protecting the paint?

I like the Bowdens gear, their range is just confusing.
                    CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the P&S Beadmaker, just bought the combo bundle.
                        "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

So, what would you do / use?

I am tempted to buy the After Glow, but should be waxing and coating with bead maker or Afterglow.

Comment

mine after a wash

Comment

A bit of a noob here, but after polishing with an electric polisher, do you change or wash the pad before using it to apply wax, or is the waxing done by hand?

Cheers.

.... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Its best to have a separate pad for each product that you use, but you can easily apply wax by hand if you dont have any more pads

Comment

Working...
                                X