Car Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brasher View Post
    Get fucked hahahhaa. Someone in the marketing department there is a legend. "snow job" etc.
    They released an anti-bacterial spray after COVID started called Far Cough.

Grab one of the Big Green Suckers. They're great for drying.

Hit up SuperCheap at Menai, i'd be surprised if they don't put the same sale on. Beats driving to TP.
    Last edited by willsy01; 02-12-20, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Get fucked hahahhaa. Someone in the marketing department there is a legend. "snow job" etc.
      Definitely they have found a niche with the marketing. “Yellow Snow” is the current buzz hotness.

---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

detailing gods,

i have paint issues.

ifirst, i have laquer damage to the bonnet and roof. i know it needs a repaint but is there a way to lessen this in the intyerim. rest of the paint is good

and second i have new paint. it is 2 pack acrylic, with 6 coats of laquer - how best to protect this?

and finally whats the best product thats budget to polish the rest of the thing? i used to use autoglym ultradeep shine.....

paint is nissan night glow mettalic. car is volvo 240 - factory color.
        I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
        WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
        robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Unfortunately the bowdens bucket is sold out.

Say you have between $100-150 for a "my first car wash kit" what would you get?

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to washing/detailing cars so I'm after user friendly stuff. My current gear is an Armorall Bucket kit my Nan gave me in like 2001 lol.

Comment

Shit eh, I swear they had one on the floor at Taren Point when I was there on Sunday. Have you called them?

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
              Shit eh, I swear they had one on the floor at Taren Point when I was there on Sunday. Have you called them?
              Sutho said none left. I’ll try TP Though. Thanks.

Comment

Sutho don't carry as much stuff as TP. It's only a little one.

Comment

Failing that, hit up Kabab; https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/bowdens-boalik

......or call www.carcareproducts.com.au and see if they can build something for you at that budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

Definitely they have found a niche with the marketing. “Yellow Snow” is the current buzz hotness.
                    I think they cocked up a bit with “Agent Orange” though, hence renaming it to Orange Agent.

the warning labels are funny too.
                    2019 Tiguan 162TSI HighLine R-Line ole ftang biscuit barrel
                    2011 Smart ForTwo

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post
                      Failing that, hit up Kabab; https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/bowdens-boalik

......or call www.carcareproducts.com.au and see if they can build something for you at that budget.

kabab can you help a brother out?

Comment

I’m going to trash talk Car Care Products for moment, they’re a good operation, they know their shit, but they are also a menace to people who really just need a Modestly priced, simple to use collection of products that generally will maintain a car in a good condition.

Bowdens range has a fuck-ton of overlap, but if you want to be simple:

Shagtastic Pad for washing using two buckets
                        Auto Body Gel as your soap (it’s more tolerant to being used in the sun etc)

Pick a Spray sealant like Boss Gloss or Lazy Wax and grab an Afterglow to use as your default drying aid.

Every week/fortnight wash and dry using afterglow

Every 6 weeks or so redo the Sealant.

If you are happy with the routine and want to go further have at it, otherwise your car will just look nice, have some UV and environmental protection and you’ll only be spending an hour or or two doing it (and not working hard).

Care Care Products will sell you good products, but ultimately can make washing a car “not fun” and over sell the whole thing.

Fuck it let’s be honest:

1 Wash car with car wash soap
                        2. Use a spray sealant or traditional wax
                        3. Repeat as needed

You will be ahead of all the people that don’t, you’ll still have a clean and shiny car and it’ll still preserve the finish better than doing nothing.
                        ---
                        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Legend. Appreciate the info. I may just make up my own kit if that’s the case. Skip the bullshit

Comment

I just use the following:

Bowdens Nanolicious wash + love glove and two buckets with the grit grids
                            Big green sucker to dry
                            P&S Beadmaker as my drying agent if I am feeling too lazy to apply it separately.

Also have different bowdens sprays for wheels and tyres, bug off etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0425.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	7207795

"It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

Originally posted by Reax View Post
                              I just use the following:

Bowdens Nanolicious wash + love glove and two buckets with the grit grids
                              Big green sucker to dry
                              P&S Beadmaker as my drying agent if I am feeling too lazy to apply it separately.

Also have different bowdens sprays for wheels and tyres, bug off etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0425.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	7207795
                              I havent heard of Bowdens before...is it an Oz specific brand?

Im a sucker for sticking to one brand, even if I know there are potentially better products out there on the market.

Ive been buying Meguiars for about 20 years, as when I started detailing as a hobby, a friend owned a car grooming biz and used to sell me product out of their various commercial quantity Meguiars prducts, so just kept on using it as I have always been happy with their products, range, and only ever buy them when Repco or SCA have a 30% off sale. NEVER BUY DETAILING PRODUCTS FOR FULL RETAIL!!!

Comment

Unfortunately the bowdens bucket is sold out.

Say you have between $100-150 for a "my first car wash kit" what would you get?

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to washing/detailing cars so I'm after user friendly stuff. My current gear is an Armorall Bucket kit my Nan gave me in like 2001 lol.
                                Chris – mate, i have 2x dark coloured cars to wash every weekend. At first, i went abit over the top, have bought virtually all of the sprays Bowden’s make.

In hindsight – i had way too many steps / extra sprays to carry out maintenance washing. I have been rationalising the stuff i buy, and not repleneshing their sprays once i've finished them.

Start with the basics from below (buckets, MF'ers, 1x spray of your choice), and slowly build up your kit. Keep an eye out for SCA/Repco's 20-30% off sales
                                My exterior maintenance washing kit suggestion, that you can slowly build up would be:
                                • Decent pressure/lpm Pressure washer
                                • 2x buckets with grit guards ( i think repco's got some cheaper ones) & 1x wheel dedicated bucket(whatever bucket you have around the house)
                                • Bowdens snow cannon & snow job (note : only if you have a dark car or, are anal about not getting swirl marks in the paint. It’s not integral, but works for me)
                                • Gyeon Smoothie wash mitt (or shagtastic wash mitt if you can’t get it)
                                • Nanolicious Wash
                                • 2x Bowdens big green suckers (or better – 2x Gyeon Q2M drying towels if you can get them)
                                • 1x Boss gloss (only to lightly spray on the drying towels, to aid drying)
                                • Bowdens Naked Glass (find it’s the best glass cleaner)
                                • Big Softie (to spray the naked glass onto )
                                • Wheely Clean (if you get rampant brake dust like i do, it helps)
                                • Cheaper microfiber drying towels for the wheels / exhaust / brakes (i use the costco bulk pack ones)
                                • Wheel cleaning brush or seperate sponge for this process
                                • Meguiars Hot Shine tyre spray
                                • Bowden’s all sorts (great size for low profile tyres – spray tyre shine onto this, not directly onto tyres so it doesn’t flick off when you drive)
                                • Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax spray (my experience – this is better than, and replaces all of the bowden’s sprays)
                                • Bowden’s happy ending & cannon for this (i use this as an end of wash sealer / drying aid, for periods in between applying the Meguiars spray)
                                • Down the track – invest in Bowden’s claying rubber + three way to clay your car once a year – it makes the paint feel like glass!
                                • Down the track – get yourself a microfiber cleaning solution, to clean the microfibres (i do it every 2nd wash)
                                • At least a 6 pack of your favourite in the fridge in the garage.

Everyone does things their own way. My typical process if i have the time spare :
                                • Car in shelter or shade
                                • Spray Wheely clean on wheels / brakes / tires, sit for 30seconds / scrub wheels /brakes/tires with your sud solution from the wheel bucket & pressure wash off
                                • Scrub areas you don’t want your good mitt & main wash bucket touching, with the wheel bucket solution (i do exhaust tips / wheel arches, underside of bodykit)
                                • Snow foam the car & let it sit while the foam does its thing
                                • Pressure wash foam off, take a decent amount of to wash the whole car down – the foam is like a template to make sure you’ve washed all of the car off
                                • Carry out the wash / wash off process, incrementally rinsing the wash mitt in the rinse bucket, and re-dipping it into the suds (ie : half the roof - rinse, half the bonnet- rise, split the side of the car into thirds)
                                • Once it’s washed – apply your sealer
                                • If using the Meg’s spray, the first time application is a spray on, and microfibre dry off – this is important to give it a really decent first coat layer.
                                • The follow up applications of the meg’s are just a spray on, and rinse off
                                • I use the Meg’s spray every third or fourth wash. It’s water beading properties is better than any Bowden’s spray, but importantly – it’s gloss levels are better than Bowden’s.
                                • Next - i spray the car with happy ending cannon/bottle. I find this adds an extra layer of sealant / aids in drying
                                • Once HE is applied - take the hose off the pressure washer, and take the end off the hose so you have a solid unpressurized stream coming out the hose
                                • Wash the solution off with this solid stream, and use the hose stream to wash / chase the water beads away.
                                • Take the car for a very quick squirt out the driveway, to get rid of any further water (for me it’s the wheels – as there’s a valley behind the spokes the water sits)
                                • I then use my Milwaukee blower with fine end attachment, to blow water out of the crevasses (side mirrors, wheels, grilles, gaps for doors/hatch etc)
                                • Dry the car with your chosen quality microfiber – light spritzing spray of boss gloss incrementally onto the drying MF.
                                • Dry the wheels / exhaust tips etc with the cheapo MF.
                                • Clean the glass with naked glass – sprayed onto the MF, not directly onto the glass
                                • Apply tire shine – spraying it onto your applicator, not directly onto tyres (the Bowden’s all sorts are perfect width for low profile tyres).
                                • You’re done ....and the last beer of the 6 pack is empty – time to open the next 6 pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X